Went clad hunting today

Z

ZumbroKid

Got out for a bit with another tnet member here. Hit a football field. He got over $3 in change, i got over $.60 only. First foootball field i ever detected. More change was in the playing area than the side lines. I ended up switching to coin jewerly mode, i told him had this machine for about 2 years and doubt i hunted for an hour in that mode. I think i need to hunt those spots others do not. Time will time what is all around here in town.

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you got out Free! Bush lines are good places in parks. HH, Mike

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

diamondjim said:
I once hunted a park that was totally over hunted, not even bottle caps in the ground. Got over 6 feet into the bushes, every hit was wheat or silver, I cleaned up, hunted those bushes for weeks. Sometimes it's as simple as that...for some reason no one ever thought to hit the bushes.

Even today (uh...yesterday...) hit park with woods. Nothing in the park, went back into woods after an old foundation that's on the old maps, found 1918, 1910 wheats. No one thought to go back there. It'll take me a few trips, but I'm sure there's some old silver back in there. Sometimes the good stuff is just right off the beaten path!

I read all the stories of people finding good stuff in hunted out parks too, even posted one myself. That's just usually not the case. You sound a bit discouraged...maybe it's just the seagrams impairing my reading ability...just don't give up. If you want, I'll post all the clad I find tomorrow so you'll see it isn't all roses and gold rings. So you won't feel like everyone is finding stuff but you. I have plenty of days like that.
Thanks , I really hope to find something nice someday. ;)

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! lots of good things can be had in the bushes. ;D Think outside the box you will hit the good sites.
:) :) Burdie

OP
OP
Z

ZumbroKid

Not to many bushes here. I'll come up with something you all know me. Not much time to hunt right now, most is put into other priorities.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Free,
I found a lot of silver in football fields, also some class rings.
Most of the finds were also in on the playing field.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i didnt know they had clad where you hunt! ;) sometimes hunting clad can be fun. it gets you outside and keeps you out of trouble. not to mention a gold ring can always turn up. nice digs! :)

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
MONTANA, My Hunting Partner Art Loves The Clad, He Is Trying To Make A Convert Out Of Me, But I Will Always Love The Old Stuff. trk5capt... 8) 8)

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 168.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 168.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 112

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions