Finds from the past two weeks include old military and coppers

BTV Digger

Jul 24, 2014
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro; Fisher F2; Tesoro Silver UMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hi folks. Here's some of my finds from the past two weeks, including my most recent hunt this past Sunday. About 1/3rd of this came from my honey hole field, with the other 2/3rds coming from two other permission fields I have. Nabbed a number of relics including my first CW-era bullets here in VT (2 Williams cleaners and a standard Minie Ball) and 3 military buttons (my second c. 1830s Navy, a CW Eagle I and a NY Militia (1850s/60s). Also got an older pewter rosette, a fatty 1859 Indian and a M.J. Tobias pocket watch cover from the mid-late 1800s. My 3 coppers are all pretty much wiped, but I was able to ID all three - a no date KG3 Irish Halfpenny 17??, a 1798 Draped Bust LC and a no-date nearly slick Classic Head LC. I'm definitely gonna return to the field I found the CW bullets - was only there about an hour. This site is near the Canadian border here in the Champlain Valley and there were some non-CW related skirmishes up in this area related to the Finian Raids ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenian_raids) just after the war. Perhaps this site is where one of them took place. Thanks for looking and HH!

John

Wide shot.png bullets.png military buttons.png coppers.png fatty indian.png pocket watch case.png

Upvote 14

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just amazing! You did a great job cleaning up those coins and relics, too! Well done!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds and good presentation, Congrats! I'm going to read up on the Fenian Raids.

Best wishes-----Phil

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some real nice saves. You cleaned them up beautifully. Congrats

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazinv finds well done my town was founded 1826ish no way Ill find stuff that old unless all you people come here and start seeding us lless fortunate ones lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread