Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
PEIes,

The person, BigCypress, that you talked down to happens to have been on TN since 2004 and has 20,000 more posts than what you have amassed...

He has asked a legitament question...and, yes there are sections on TN set aside for dowsers...

TN is not just for people with metal detectors...as you will note, simply by scanning other sections.

BigCYpress has assisted numerous people on TN including myself...and hopefully he will assist in the future...
Thanks Stefen but everything is ok,. Pete has apologized. He simply misunderstood,

JohnDroid has doubled the email storage space so there is no longer a problem there.

My deleted images in the What Is It Forum archives are lost forever and cannot be retreived.

I have learned how to use the search feature and even though I dont like it, I think most members are getting used to the new formatt. so everything is well.

There are no dowsing finds in the banner but there is at least one debatable find in Todays Finds. Could there be at least one other or are members afraid to post?

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever taken a test and finished with time on your hands and went back over it correcting,you thought! Only to find out you have changed right answers to wrong. Or have you been simply stumped on a question and flipped a coin. If Dowsing helps you to entuitively choose a spot to explore rather than over thinking it, that is a good thing. Or simply take all influences out and flip a coin, if that is to your liking. As kids and hiking in the mountains and becoming lost, my cousin spat in his palm and slap it with the other hand, traveling in the direction of the spit as it sqwished out. The fact that the spit went down the mountain was a great sign! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Good to know dowsing has surpassed the eeny meeny miney moe method. :laughing9:

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Yeah, I'm with ya on the new forum changes. Have you figured out how to check for new replies yet? Old forum you would just click on "new replies" which meant any post or thread you made that had replies, it would just shoot out a list in chronological order and you could go to them one by one.

So far I have yet to find the same feature on the new forums. I see "your threads", which doesn't tell you if there are any new replies, and I see "my posts/replies" which again doesn't tell you if there are any NEW replies.

Seems I waste a huge amount of time sorting through this information trying to find what I want.

Hmmm...... if only someone could create a device that would sort through huge amounts of information and give the user exactly which bits he needed.... :icon_thumleft:

I suppose there's a setting buried somewhere in 14 pages of "options" somewhere that I haven't clicked. Most likely.

Yeah Big Cy I feel the same way as you. Too many options, too much customization, much more chance for user errors (like deleting all those photos)..... I thought I'd give the new T'Net a go also, but it's just getting to be too much for me sometimes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hmmm...... if only someone could create a device that would sort through huge amounts of information and give the user exactly which bits he needed....
icon_thumleft.gif

ha ha :icon_thumright:

My largest complaint is that it takes too much time. I just cannot do even half of what I did on the old forum in half the time. Its becoming too much work for me as well. But they say its easier for the owners and my guess is that the younger generation may somehow like it. I noticed we are getting new members in droves. I dont know if they stay but I notice many new members with under 2 posts.

I have been using "my posts"/ "subscribed threads". I dont know what a subscribed thread is and I didnt subscribe to any, but it seems to work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The old formatt I browsed for a picture and clicked post. Very simple but here we have to take the extra step and the extra time to click upload. I dont even want to get into advanced or manage attachments . Try to find the smiley you are looking for. Its just these little things that take up valuable time that are frustrating.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hey Jeffro. I think I may have clicked "subscribe to this thread" under "Go Advanced" but this is something that should be automatic. Sometimes I wonder what the inventor of this formatt was thinking? I dont think you have to do it every time or every thread, thank goodness.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Im just guessing here Jeffro but try this

click "Edit Post" under any reply

click "Go Advanced"

Scroll near the bottom and look for "Subscrption"

click the box that says "Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes: "

Mine says "through my control panel only"

After this is done you can go to "my posts" top right

and click on "subscribed threads."

Doesnt everyone else see the ludacracy of this? (I tried to click on spell check but it went to a download LOL that will probably take several unnecessary steps with varying degrees of spell check options)

Excuse me while I pull my hair out. :BangHead:

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

At the top of page you have "thread tools." Click that and in the window that drops down click "subcribe to this thread." You can choose to be notified through your email.
But if you post in a thread, you are automatically notified of new posts there, no need to click anything.

S

stefen

Fortunately Treasure Net provides equal opportunities to all methods of locating treasures.

In addition to metal detectors there are sites provided for those using dowsing, photo imaging, and even for those believing in using pendulums on printed maps and photographic pictures.

( Hmmmm. I wonder if a person would claim that a pendulum could locate gold or other lost items on a hand-drafted map on a napkin? )

To my knowledge, none of the above proponent methods have ever reported a find or even been elevated to banner status.

Hence the tongue-in-cheek spoof using a stapler to find lost items.

There's even a post describing how to make aluminum foil hats (maybe it was tin foil hats)...a funny spoof.

Last edited:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Im just guessing here Jeffro but try this

click "Edit Post" under any reply

click "Go Advanced"

Scroll near the bottom and look for "Subscrption"

click the box that says "Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes: "

Mine says "through my control panel only"

After this is done you can go to "my posts" top right

and click on "subscribed threads."

Doesnt everyone else see the ludacracy of this? (I tried to click on spell check but it went to a download LOL that will probably take several unnecessary steps with varying degrees of spell check options)

Excuse me while I pull my hair out. :BangHead:

Cy, whenever I reply to a thread it automatically subscribes me to it. It shows up under my posts/subscribed threads without doing anything else. If I want to unsubscribe to a thread I check the box on the right and scroll down to selected threads.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cy, whenever I reply to a thread it automatically subscribes me to it. It shows up under my posts/subscribed threads without doing anything else. If I want to unsubscribe to a thread I check the box on the right and scroll down to selected threads.
It works for me. I am trying to help Jeffro. Maybe his box is checked unsubscribed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
What appears simple and necessary to some is not for others. Hey if half the members love it who cares about the rest?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Fortunately Treasure Net provides equal opportunities to all methods of locating treasures.

In addition to metal detectors there are sites provided for those using dowsing, photo imaging, and even for those believing in using pendulums on printed maps and photographic pictures.

( Hmmmm. I wonder if a person would claim that a pendulum could locate gold or other lost items on a hand-drafted map on a napkin? )

To my knowledge, none of the above proponent methods have ever reported a find or even been elevated to banner status.

Hence the tongue-in-cheek spoof using a stapler to find lost items.

There's even a post describing how to make aluminum foil hats...a funny spoof.
I need to read the one about hats.

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to read the one about hats.
I seem to recall one that talked about making a aluminum hat & then sticking your head in the microwave.:laughing7:
It was back in the viking era post if I remember correctly.:laughing7:
But sadly it was deleted...............& to think how many people could have learned not to stick there head in the microwave.:laughing7::laughing9::tongue3:

Anyway on the reply deal I've noticed that there is a cut off date that it does not work for.I've seen post of mine that I made in the past come back up but I would not be notified of it.Only by chance that I happen upon them & see where someone has replied & usally it's been days or weeks before I find them.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Anyway on the reply deal I've noticed that there is a cut off date that it does not work for.I've seen post of mine that I made in the past come back up but I would not be notified of it.Only by chance that I happen upon them & see where someone has replied & usally it's been days or weeks before I find them.
Another example of too many options. There is probably a place where you can choose your cut off date.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
At the top of page you have "thread tools." Click that and in the window that drops down click "subcribe to this thread." You can choose to be notified through your email.
But if you post in a thread, you are automatically notified of new posts there, no need to click anything.
Im sorry that I do not get to reply to everyones replies but yes I did read it and thanks and yes this is the same advice I told Jeffro a couple of posts prior. (#105) Like I said it works for me but maybe it doesnt work for Jeffro so Im assuming he needs to check or uncheck some option.

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, I told you the same thing a couple of posts above his. I guess I don't belong to "the club."
I have so few posts I often don't get a response until I offend someone. Perhaps if I didn't wait for a response and simply posted 4 or 5 times in a row I cold pad my count a bit. :laughing7:I also find I have to remember to use the laughing guy so people know I am joking. I always hated the comedies that played a laugh track though!

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Actually, I told you the same thing a couple of posts above his. I guess I don't belong to "the club."
Also welcome to the club.

I have typed this reply several times and I hope it works this time. I dont know what Im doing wrong but my guess is that I have accidentally hit the wrong option somewhere so it doesnt post. The new site gives me fits.

Sure Im interested in hearing your opinions and thanks for the help.. Kentucky Kache do you like the new TN?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread