Finds Today---some coins and a new detecting friend

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
One of the newer T-Net members, who had emailed me and asked for detecting help, wanted to go detecting, since we live in the same city. Met up with Missy, and we got to where I suggested to meet at the park, but since the city is still working on re-newing it, we decided to try another close park, than to dodge the city workers.

I hadn't seen the park for about 6 years...they had re-newed it also. Took out lots of old trees and removed alot of the 2-3 foot high rolling natural landscape, and flattened it.... and put in new smaller trees.( Ruined a good park... :( ) But they did have a good sized totlot playground area.
Since the woodchips are a great place for a new detectorist to learn, we hunted there.

I had 2 firsts today, one was detecting with a lady fellow detectorist, the second was finding a silver quarter in the woodchips. Most coins lost in the woodchips are clad. A child must have raided their parents coin jar and lost this one. I just happened to find it....(sorry Missy....I really wish you could have found it....)

Missy found some dimes and pennies..she is still learning her M6, and hasn't quite perfected digging in the grass areas yet. All it takes, is time and practice.

Spent an hour and a half detecting and gave up because of the dang heat/humidity. Went to take a break at a fast food place ( nice and cool inside there)and talked about detecting for awhile.

Here is what I found today.

Attachments

• MonHunt1.jpg
    MonHunt1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 647
Upvote 0

MissyW72

Jun 25, 2007
Houston
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
I told you not to make me cuss you again but you have forced me to do it! DAMN ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
MissyW72 said:
I told you not to make me cuss you again but you have forced me to do it! DAMN ;D ;D ;D

Next hunt, you will get the better coins. :)

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its great meeting new friends in this hobby. I am glad you had a good time and I promise Missy your finds will increase each time you hunt.

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
It was great to see that you got out with another member. I have an M6 and it is was slow at first for me as well. I did the tot lots, some fields, and beaches. All of a sudden I started to get the hang of the machine and just let it do what it is supposed to do. Currently in about a month and a half I have found roughly $50.00 in clad, a couple of rings(not real), a mens 14k necklace and other small things. Stick with it and the more you get out Missy the better. I can tell you if it says .25 it is 99.9% of the time a quarter.
HH
Roy

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Dimeman, that's what this hobby is all about, helping when we can and doing good deeds. And on top of that we get to reap the rewards! :D Glad you and Missy were able to hook up and hunt togeather, its always safer with two or three hunting togeather anyway.
HH and keep it swinging!

Desertfox

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver and a huntin buddy! You did great! ;) Sounds like a fun time!!

Congrats! Nana :)

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
It's cool that Missy and you got out together for a hunt.
Congrats on the nice silver from the chips, it does happen
once in a while, a nice surprize. Cool!

Smiles!
BDoo

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Way to go you two! The heat and humidity is killer here too. Way to go Dimeman on finding such a great partner! Missy, if you ever get to Austin, look me up and we'll do some hunting around here...... I guess that goes for you too Dimeman. :D :D You just don't look as good. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll catch on, Missy, then you can start diggin' some good stuff. Do the research and the good stuff will come up. Then you can skunk 'um.

HH
Ken

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
piggman1 said:
Way to go you two! The heat and humidity is killer here too. Way to go Dimeman on finding such a great partner! Missy, if you ever get to Austin, look me up and we'll do some hunting around here...... I guess that goes for you too Dimeman. :D :D You just don't look as good. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Piggman, Thanks for the vote of 2nd choice..... ;) But I don't blame you..... ;D

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
A good detecting friend is better than any treasure you can ever find. And yours is much better looking than Baldingboy!!!

Had to say it before he got the chance to about me.

Great job you two.

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
mastereagle22 said:
A good detecting friend is better than any treasure you can ever find. And yours is much better looking than Baldingboy!!!

Correct on both counts!!!! :)

dave-enc said:
congrats on silver and making new detecting friend, hopefully humidity will break soon
hh
dave+bobbie

The temperature was bearable, but it's that 95%++ humidity........ :(

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
KirkPA said:
Hmmmm...if you are both single...do I smell a relationship? hahah ;) :D

HH to both of you great people!

WHITE'S!

Kirk

No I am married and so is he, ohh I get it you mean the other two!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Sounds like a good time if nothing else. It's also good to see people meeting and helping each other out. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread