Mercs lead two breakouts; all recaptured except Fawn

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Back at the silver farm this morning, my first hole yielded a Merc, 43P war nickel, 34 buff nickel and six wheats. A short while later, another hole held the other two Mercs, a 41 Jefferson and two more wheats. I don't often get Buffs with dates, so this one is nice. I was also able to capture the gang's getaway cars: four Matchbox or Hot Wheels models (not pictured). Among other interesting pieces are this Dormont tag, which I will assume refers to their immense and ancient pool; this tag dates to 1944. I think this stainless steel tag is probably a dog ID; this seems to be an address style that they no longer use. Finally, another cross; that makes three in this small area in the last few days. Humidity had to be close to 100%, but I'm not complaining; we had rain yesterday and this morning that made for easy digging. Oops, I almost forgot this 46 Rosey, making it a five silver day.

Attachments

• escape (2).jpg
    escape (2).jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 459
Upvote 0
OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
KirkPA said:
That is one hell of a day, dude! Keep it up. Is this a lawn you are detecting?
70 acre farm with dozens of old cottages along creek.

Nickel_Buff1935

Jun 1, 2007
NY
Detector(s) used
MINELAB X-Terra 50 & WHITE'S MXT
Very nice array of finds!

Congrats and keep the silver coming :)

Nickel_B

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I could get a lot more motivated even with the humidity if I could get 4 or 5 silver in an outing. Very nice.

Bob

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Nice silver finds! I keep wondering if I will EVER find even one. Of course I'm not really looking in the places they are hiding, it's been too dry to dig in the grass. Of course it rained a bit yesterday and tonight & tomorrow we are supposed to get quite a bit...maybe then. Keep diggin.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
That a killer spot you have there! Nice silver, and I like those tags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread