Upvote 0

PaulieNoNuggets

Dec 21, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The fire is directly above the Ponderosa bridge. As far as I know Mineral bar, Yankee Jim's and Confluence aren't affected, aside from being smokey. I believe Ponderosa road is closed.
I was out at the Bear river yesterday when the fire kicked off. They were hitting it hard with the tankers and helicopters. A ton of them going over all afternoon.
On the way back down 80 I passed the fire. Passed a flat bed with a bulldozer, another flatbed with one of those giant grader thingies, then a flatbed with a tank! Yes, a tank. With a gun on it. Looks like the firefighters are getting serious with this one!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be nice if they would catch the person firing flameballs out of their car and toe string them from the nearest overpass.

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We were planning to go upriver from Yankee jims Saturday. Postponing the trip till later, probably lots of smoke.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Winds gusting to 40mph tomorrow. The crews are hustling today to get it controlled. A prayer for their safety.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread