Fire Pit And Some Pieces Around It

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
Hi, I've been enjoying all the stories and great finds you all have made. I thought I'd share one of mine.
After being completely under water all spring and summer, the water has finally receded back into the confines of the normal river banks, leaving miles of weedless flats and old river banks exposed and waiting to be explored. Next year, these areas will again be totally covered with vegetation making it almost impossible to search. Here are a couple of videos showing some of the things I found this weekend. I'm strictly an amateur and I hope I've interpreted correctly, the things that I came across.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Upvote 0
Nice finds, great video, very well presented. Thanks for showing us.

Molly. :thumbsup:

that was pretty cool, nice video and nice finds, thanks for taking us along with you! Looks like it was a nice and easy area to hunt, gotta make the most of it while you can!

Cool stuff. I really enjoyed your videos, it takes you along to the moment of discovery.Very useful for people wanting to learn how its done.
I like that large pot hunk,I've never found one that big.
I look forward to your future posts., Unitas

Totally enjoyed your videos! Very informative, makes me wonder how many pottery shards I have missed :-[. Looking forward to seeing more of your finds :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back