First 2 Cent Piece

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Started out the New Year right yesterday(My calender year ended on the 30th) with my first 2 Cent Piece. Found it with Lostlake in his seated coin garden(old park). I didn't think all that much of the signal, until I saw the coin and that lovely green color. I thought it was a two center, but had to wait until I cleaned it off in the drinking fountain. Lostlake took a video, maybe he will post it.
Regards,
Jon Dickinson
www.prehistoricartifacts.com

Attachments

• 1110a.jpg
    1110a.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,088
  • 1110b.jpg
    1110b.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 1110c.jpg
    1110c.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,088
Upvote 0
all i can say is WOW :o MR TUFF

Jon,
Congrats on your 2Cent Piece find!!!

What a beauty. That coin is in great shape!

Nice to have a good friend like Brett who shared his hunting grounds.

Hope to visit you guys sometime in the spring or summer to get in a hunt with you guys.

HH
Rob

WTG on your 2 cent piece..................

HH

Attachments

• Smiley T up[1].gif
    Smiley T up[1].gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 602
  • Smiley T up[1].gif
    Smiley T up[1].gif
    71.1 KB · Views: 601
Very Sweet. Was that found in the "ghetto"?

I've been to Cincinnati once. Long drive. Was speaking at the University of Cincinnati. A lot of history along the Ohio river.

Enjoy - it's in great condition! :icon_sunny:

Bob

Sweet find !

Thanks for all the comments. Glad you guys liked the coin. It was fun to find. Every 2 center I have seen from around here is in at least as good condition as the one I found. They do really well in the ground here for some reason. Indian Heads do well also...
Wasabi- Actually, I found the spot, but Lostlake goes to it so much it is his. We don't really claim ownership on sites, and don't care about when sites are shared.
Mirage- Not a ghetto park. Come down here, and I will take you around. What were you speaking on at UC?
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

Now that is a beautiful coin! :thumbsup:
I dug my first 2-cent about a week ago, and yours is 100% better looking than mine. :tongue3:
Congrats & enjoyed the video.
-MM-

Jon,
Neat coin! I tried to get a hold of ya a couple of times. I am sure you had a hectic weekend as I know I did. Give me a shout.
Chuck

Wowwwww!
What a great find, and in such beautiful shape. Never had the feeling of digging one of those yet, but maybe in 2010.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back