First (3) Hours of the New year...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,,,
The weather warmed up and I was able to get out today, & yesterday. Didn't have a chance to post yesterday so, here's both days results... Went to the old cache site and haven't gotten off to a very good start for the new year. The first part of the pic shows the trash and one penny for the first day, 1 hours worth of hunt time. The second part of the pic is what I got today, even worse than yesterday... I was out today for about 2 hours... We're definitely not off to a very good start, but at least we were able to get out in January. I think the next trip out is going to be at a different site, I've got to get a start on a 2006 collection...
Hope your all able to get out, or happy with what your doing...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• Hunts.jpg
    Hunts.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your off to good start for the new year.

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry about that Leon. I know how you feel though. I got skunked today, too.

It will only get better!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're just saving up for that BIG find Leon! ;)

Glad you got to go out!

Happy New Year!

;)

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Leon,

good to hear you were able to get out.

Bet your rushing to get in some hunting time with the better weather.
Winter blahs..........

We have the entire year ahead; I'm busy working and unable to take advantage of the few good days we
have had.

Just getting in some good research and already have three or four areas I want to look into.

We will all have better finds to come.

have a good un...........

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Well at least you cleaned out some of the junk for your next visit. That's the trouble with good sites. They produce and are close so you keep going back. You initially find lots of clad and find good stuff. Each time you go back you find less stuff but still score now and then so the site is still a "good" site. And of coarse if you score big your committed to search every square inch of the place. :D Do you think the site is picked out?

Bob

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I can see by your finds that when your coil comes over a big find you're going to dig it. Doesn't look like you're missing much.

HH

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Leon......Looks like some was there and dug all the good target and left the rest for the next guy....I would go back home and check that wheat pennie it might be a 1909-s VDB. Lets hope...good Luck on your next adventure......Seeker ;)

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks all,,,
Yes Zeb,,, being at the cache site I do dig just about any signal other than iron, and if it's deep enough, I'll even dig those too...
The cache I found there was a very hard hitting high-tone, but it was also reading off the scale on the depth meter. The cache ended up being down at about 10" deep...

Seeker, my cousin and a few other hunting partners of mine have hunted this site pretty hard in the past and have pulled some goodies out. If you have seen my post on my cache find, you know that I have found some goodies also. Just the thought of finding another cache is what keeps me going back... I usually find some interesting finds there, but most of the stuff pictured above is just your ordinary, everyday junk...

One things for sure is, it can't get much worse... ;D
Good luck all, & Happy hunting~

Ooops, P.S.> I did find something that day, I didn't know about at the time, a bad cold... ;D
If ya get out in the misty rain, and cold weather, bundle up...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The site looks like it has potential, good you got out! HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread