First arrowhead ever found

TundraPlugger

Jan 27, 2019
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the first arrowhead I ever found. It is made of Knife River Flint and measures about 1 3/4". I didn't have a clue what I was looking for until I found this bad boy. Found back in 98'. 20190127_160848.jpeg

Upvote 0

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful point. That's enough to keep you huntin' for a life time!! I would love to show my first point, but I lost it when I was 12yrs old.:dontknow:

OP
OP
TundraPlugger

TundraPlugger

Jan 27, 2019
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful point. That's enough to keep you huntin' for a life time!! I would love to show my first point, but I lost it when I was 12yrs old.:dontknow:
Thanks Tony! I thought it was fake when I found it..... I had never found one before so I thought someone was messing with me. After that one I was hooked!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beauty! Just love finding that KRF.

I have tried to P.M. you three times, but apparently with no luck. :dontknow: Maybe a moderator could look into it?

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Very Nice! That KRF can sure look like new at times.

Heck, I remember the excitement of my first conchoidally fractured flake, one I just knew some na knocked off a rock!!

Ill post a pic of my first point later, I don't want to wake the wife getting to it.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents used to hunt and I would go with them when I was very small. One of their favorite stories is when they planted a broken point on a hill and told me to go over to that area and check it out. I came back with a whole point!! I don’t know what became of it or remember it, but my parents tell the story a lot. Hold on to that shiny beauty, hope you find more.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
My first point was nothing spectacular but I’ll never forget the feeling when I found it.
D35E0C89-FD3E-48DB-A0B7-DA1FFA9A7E24.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread