NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

Working in Texas right now. I found this along with a couple of others today at work. Most of the others are your typical Mid to late Archaic that are so common in central Texas, but I had to post this one. It is the smallest I've found since my very first point at age 4 (thirty years ago now!). Hope you enjoy.

-NZ49er

20190201_144457.jpg

20190201_144502.jpg

20190201_144640.jpg

Upvote 0

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an actual "arrowhead"

arrow86

Silver Member
May 6, 2014
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that’s a sweet little point , can we see pics of the others too ? Never gets old looking at artifacts [emoji51]

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't take any on my phone except for one my wife found. Don't get to keep any of these since they are found at work and on private property. The property owner was happy though, and I was glad to find them.

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't take any on my phone except for one my wife found. Don't get to keep any of these since they are found at work and on private property. The property owner was happy though, and I was glad to find them.

That's what I call a "BUMMER", and precisely why Levi's invented the 5th pocket

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is so cool!! I'm an honest man but I would have a very hard time letting that one go!!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet Find! I like those little ones too. You must be extremely honest to give that back to the owner. Great Rescue!

Kace

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the comments folks! I'm hoping to get out for some detecting on my own time and a different location for tomorrow. Might get to keep something this time, lol.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a sweetie!
terrific find! :icon_thumright:

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
That is a great little arrowhead!! Nice find! To bad you had to give it up.

Opportunities abound for artifact hunting where I am, so I wouldn’t even consider hunting a place where I had to give up any finds. Never heard of such a thing here.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beauty. That’s why I never like those “Permissions” where you can hunt but they want your finds. Me ; I say thanks and never return .

OP
OP
NZ49er

NZ49er

Apr 3, 2018
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about being "honest" or not, but my employer has us out crossing a bunch of private lands. Usually the owners are with us making sure we don't mess anything up or take things, like arrowheads, lol. SO: I get to do some arrowhead hunting as I pass through, but it wouldn't be worth losing my job if I got caught taking something, especially with the supervisors and landowners watching us like hawks. I just consider myself lucky to get paid to hunt points on every now and again ;) . That's about as honest as I can get, lol.

-NZ49er

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's sweet. We call those bird points.

If he's that way, I'd never said a word and just walked past it.
Unless somebody asked me to find something for them or found out it was lost, if I can't keep it I not going to find it.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
I don't know about being "honest" or not, but my employer has us out crossing a bunch of private lands. Usually the owners are with us making sure we don't mess anything up or take things, like arrowheads, lol. SO: I get to do some arrowhead hunting as I pass through, but it wouldn't be worth losing my job if I got caught taking something, especially with the supervisors and landowners watching us like hawks. I just consider myself lucky to get paid to hunt points on every now and again ;) . That's about as honest as I can get, lol.

-NZ49er

LOL, almost sounds like you are on a prison work gang.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread