INDYHAWKINS

Greenie
Jul 19, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I decided to take the plunge in CRH with pennies. I bought a box of $25 worth of pennies. Net result 12 wheat's, 3 Canadian, 1 Panama penny. Not bad for a first timer I don't think, I was also able to fill most of two whitman folders out of that batch. Let's see if the luck continues.

Upvote 0
What years where the Wheaties? :)
Great finds! I started with pennies, got 400-500 wheaties now.... -_______-

HEY! I found 3 panama pennies in one box once :)

do you save copper pennies:? i don't no more...

Better than my first box of pennies...all 2012..

nothing worse than a skunk box of brand new pennies (other than a fee). i personally would rather get skunked on a circulated box of pennies vs. a brand new box of pennies

The Oldest Wheat I found this time was 1914. I don't save the coppers, but my father in-law does. He's the hoarder of the two of us. So what he doesn't take it goes back to the bank.

Second attempt at CRH!! $25 box of pennies. 23 wheats, 13 Canadians, oldest was a 1938 wheatie!!

Nice dawg. I love them wheat cents. Thought aboiut selling them for silver but I was all like hell naw.

a penny searcher, welcome aboard, pennies are always affordable, reliable, and you don't have to worry about dumping or being shorted!
hh
buff

INDYHAWKINS said:
I decided to take the plunge in CRH with pennies. I bought a box of $25 worth of pennies. Net result 12 wheat's, 3 Canadian, 1 Panama penny. Not bad for a first timer I don't think, I was also able to fill most of two whitman folders out of that batch. Let's see if the luck continues.

Good job. I did my first box last week and got about 9 rolls of copper, 3 common date wheats, and a 1969 Canadian. Sounds like your luck with pennies is much better! Hope you get some more good stuff!
HH!
- DS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back