Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone,

'Had a freakishly warm day, the ground became soft enough to dig for a matter of hours before hardening again, so I got out there and got into it. It was a dump that I already knew of but never tried digging. There was plenty of stuff from the 40s-60s that I was scraping around in, but all of it was very shallow since it was at the bottom of a large hill and not much dirt got down far enough to cover it all up. So I decided to go to the top where there was a nice rounded hump of what I guess was the dirt that had been pushed in and over everything. Sure enough, I started to get some better results. There were tooled tops, some ground lip fruit jar pieces, and lots of old rusted cans (one of which contained about 10 live red-backed salamanders, which I carefully reburied). Anyway, I had set out pretty late so I only dug for an hour or two, but now I have a better understanding of the hillside and about where I should start next time. It's supposed to be very warm after the weekend, so I'll probably hit that spot again. I did take home this little octagonal vial or perfume of some sort, my first blown bottle of the year, popped it out from about 2 feet down. I like it. It's not much, but hey, I got to dig!

I also took home this little cast iron stove door to an old egg incubator. It was rusted beyond recognition, but I thought it was cool so I got Dad to sandblast it and paint it black. It should make a nice paperweight or look good on the wall!

Arriving back in town I saw some deer, always a nice sight.

DSCF5975.JPG DSCF5984.JPG DSCF5935c.jpg

OP
OP
NJKLAGT

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops, I almost forgot this little figural papa bear salt/pepper shaker. I don't know anything about it.

DSCF5798.JPG

john glassman

Apr 16, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start for the season I like the bear salt shaker!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread