First Box Ever.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
jdp,
mind if i ask what is in your photo? the picture is too small for me to tell. I suspect it might be obvious once you tell me.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Twas a skunk and I think I lost money. One of the coins was a 1967 penny from the UK. Lol. Oh well... not giving up and going to keep trying.

It's worth like 15 cents. However, you can make that be the start of a foreign coin collection.

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I gave the coin to my step-daughter. She likes stuff like that. And it is a bottle of drain-o running through garden hos. I know. I am dumb.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to ask staright out..But what bank are you dealing with? And you arent taking the Coins you just ordered back to the bank to deposit them, are you? Sorry if I missed any of this info in a previous post, But I know dont dump where you get coins from. I always dump at a different bank than the ones i get the coins from. Im a little lucky i guess, because i have 2 accounts, and pass multiple banks on my way home.

Good luck thou..it will happen

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I am not dumping at the same bank or another branch of the same bank. I was picking up at Regions and dumping at my credit union, which has a coin counter for members. Are there particular banking chains I should avoid? I am thinking about opening an account elsewhere to buy from or trying a different Regions. There are like 4 Regions within a mile of my home and 2 more close to my work.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now you have me curious about Regions. I opened an account there a couple weeks ago to buy $200 of halves they had, but haven't tried to order a box. I'll have to try and see what they say.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Just depends... I have several Regions by me, they give all the coin I can handle, even order boxes for me. I don't even have an account with them. Some places they don't want to help you out. I've found that once you get "in" with them, you are usually good to go so long as you are nice and don't push too hard...

HH

solielj

Nov 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in North Georgia and I just started too. I've only done 3 sealed boxes and they were all skunks. I also did about $800 in unsealed boxes that I think were someone's dumps. I've been picking boxes up from Wells Fargo which uses Loomis and dumping at Chase which also uses Loomis so I'm looking to find a bank that uses Brinks to pick up from because I think I'm just ordering from someone's dump banks. The Regions banks I went to around here seemed pretty snobby about me asking for coins without an account but they might be a little nicer if I open one. I don't know if it's possible that we might be close enough that we could be getting coins from the same supplier but I would try to stick with Brinks or another company other than Loomis because I know someone around here is dumping at Loomis and so am I. I'm going to try to switch it up and find a bank that orders from Brinks or another company and see how it goes.

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt we are getting one another's dumps. You never know though. I tried another Regions near work and the lady was rude to me. I asked if she had any rolls or loosies to feel her out. She told me know and they didn't sell them to coin collectors. I didn't even bother asking to order a box after that. I just said thank you and walked out. Hopefully I have some luck tomorrow after work. Going to run down the road of banks looking for loosies. Then see who is easiest to work with and try to order boxes from them.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jdp311 said:
I doubt we are getting one another's dumps. You never know though. I tried another Regions near work and the lady was rude to me. I asked if she had any rolls or loosies to feel her out. She told me know and they didn't sell them to coin collectors. I didn't even bother asking to order a box after that. I just said thank you and walked out. Hopefully I have some luck tomorrow after work. Going to run down the road of banks looking for loosies. Then see who is easiest to work with and try to order boxes from them.

Ugly. I bet she is really happy with her life.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I've gotten shot down by Regions again and again. I plan to dump massive amounts there once I open an account...

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
FormerTeller said:
I've gotten shot down by Regions again and again. I plan to dump massive amounts there once I open an account...

Well, I went to the closest one today and ordered $2K in halves. The lady wasn't happy about the request but she was nice, courteous, professional, etc. I'm hoping they use a different supplier that the other two banks I got halves from this week. Poor findings so far.

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry I should have been more specific when explaining my picture. Anyways. Teller tray loosies or the day yeilded a 68. Was fun and exciting to find.

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No worries man. No need to feel like a fool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread