First Box Ever.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it's not a skunk like my first was. If it is, don't give up! I have searched hundreds of boxes and their is PLENTY of silver out there. Good luck!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck Man....Ive bought a few boxes here and there..and was skeptical at first with some of these peoples finds on here.....Until the day I started opening them up, and EVERY ROLL had at least 1 90%'er in them...That one box scored me 15 Franklins 13 90% Kennedys and 4 40%'ers....So its there!!....unfortch, I havent gotten that dream box since

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who knows maybe you'll do great, I've seen a lot of crazy beginners luck on here. My first box was a skunk, but I got a walker by my third box and within my first 10 had gotten two really good ones

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twas a skunk and I think I lost money. One of the coins was a 1967 penny from the UK. Lol. Oh well... not giving up and going to keep trying.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw man yeah keep on going, I think the silver gods send out noobs skunk boxes just to see how dedicated we are to their sport :)

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. So I dropped off at my CU and went back to my bank to deposit and reorder and they told me they wouldn't anymore. Said it costs them to order half dollars. How true is this? He said they were not a coin company but then turned around and sold me two boxes of dimes. Probably solid 2012's lol. I guess I will see. Hopefully I have better luck with these.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank never gives me any problem about ordering coins.

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much does it cost them to order a box of coins? That just sounds silly that they get charged more than face value for a box of coins. Either way it goes the boxes of dimes were a bust too. Oh well. On I go to find a bank who will order for me. I guess they will become a dump bank out of spite. Lol. Maybe not... don't want the karma back.

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you will get lucky, I started in July and my first box of halves had (15) 90% and (24) 40%. It was unbelievable! I thought I'd misunderstood which years were silver.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
How much does it cost them to order a box of coins? That just sounds silly that they get charged more than face value for a box of coins.
I hear ya bro, unfortunately, those guys at Brinks refuse to work for free.

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, so it is a Brinks thing, eh? I have found that Regions deals with Brinks. Anyone have any suggestions to a good banking chain to try for my orders? Regions has rubbed me wrong plenty of times, and I think this might be the last straw with them.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Ah, so it is a Brinks thing, eh? I have found that Regions deals with Brinks. Anyone have any suggestions to a good banking chain to try for my orders? Regions has rubbed me wrong plenty of times, and I think this might be the last straw with them.

What area are you in?

OP
OP
jdp311

jdp311

Nov 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much does it cost them to order a box of coins? That just sounds silly that they get charged more than face value for a box of coins. Either way it goes the boxes of dimes were a bust too. Oh well. On I go to find a bank who will order for me. I guess they will become a dump bank out of spite. Lol. Maybe not... don't want the karma back.
Some banks pay a flat fee for any amount of coins that they order, some pay per box. I had one bank tell me it cost them $45 per box to order halves, I don't believe that, but some do pay something per box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread