First box of three.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Down to the last 4 rolls, I was thinking skunk, for sure. Was getting the feeling half way in. Then bam! Unwrap a roll looked at the bottom and noticed the silver rim, looked more rounded when compared to 64 jfks, it was different, but I knew it was a 90%er. Turned out to be my first walker, a 1945s. Box one produced, 3, 2010 nifc and 1 walker. Two more to go, I can't wait.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on finding your first Walker! Also good luck with the other boxes.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just finish with box two, a 40%er, a 1977 s proof, and afew nifc.. While I was dumping the first box today at a td bank near my school. The machine filled up, during the bag change the csr(Emilio), that was helping me asked if I collected half dollars. I told him no, he responded with searching for silver? I said yeah. He told me he has a 1954 half dollar, I said a Franklin. He said yeah, how much is it worth? I told him depends on the mint mark and year, but generally right now about $6.50 is the value... He helped me dump the rest of the 150$. He asked me how much I had, I told him 250, he tells me it's a dollar short. he grabs two or three coins, that was on top of the machine and I notice one of them is a silver quarter. He looks at them and say here is a silver quarter, hands it to me. I was hesitant and told him you keep it. He then insist that I take it. So I walk out of there my 249, and a 1962 D quarter. Couldn't ask for anything more! Thanks Emilio, you rock!

Went to another bank 5 blocks away, to dump the other 249. I walk out with 252! some candian change about 80 or so cents, and ÂŁ1.10. Idk how, maybe some extra coins were in the dump tray, and my halfs forced them down...

Last edited:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is exceptional to find a walker on your first box of halves, I have not found a walker in over 30 boxes.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is exceptional to find a walker on your first box of halves, I have not found a walker in over 30 boxes.

actually its 4 out of 6... 6 box so far..

foofighters

Nov 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took me two years to find my first walker.

Probably $100,000 searched

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
last box skunk, got 9 nifc...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread