CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s been a great week. Since last Wednesday I found my first wheat penny, then a Mercury dime the next day, and now my first Buffalo nickel! 9AAD7D7F-6433-4F8B-84CA-E0ED3164F5E1.jpeg 0D426667-536E-43C8-9151-09AE2361CD68.jpeg

Upvote 15

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. And even with a great looking date and condition!! Great save!!!:occasion14: The folks in the prospecting and metal detecting club in Reno are a great group. You might want to reach out to them. I know they are out and about all the time!!!!

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. And even with a great looking date and condition!! Great save!!!:occasion14: The folks in the prospecting and metal detecting club in Reno are a great group. You might want to reach out to them. I know they are out and about all the time!!!!

I’ve joined their group. Going on my first beach hunt with them this weekend!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Buffalo. That one is in great shape. To be able to get a clear date and mint mark is not the norm.

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Wow, very sharp buffalo. Most of mine don’t look like that. 1915-S is a good date too. Keep it up!

Whitey9457

Jun 30, 2016
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Even though i know see they're relatively common coins, indian head pennies and buffalo nickels are why I got into this hobby. That is great condition too. Most of my detecting has been in Portland Oregon and they don't come out of the ground nice like that. They are red and rusty and eaten away but it makes sense if you're in a desert area which i assume your part of NV is

OP
OP
C

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Even though i know see they're relatively common coins, indian head pennies and buffalo nickels are why I got into this hobby. That is great condition too. Most of my detecting has been in Portland Oregon and they don't come out of the ground nice like that. They are red and rusty and eaten away but it makes sense if you're in a desert area which i assume your part of NV is

Definitely a different soil type than my typical park or town hunts where the ground eats the coins. Found at the bottom of the Sierras in decomposed granite. The dg doesn’t hold water, percolates through. I can’t wait to go back!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a really nice looking Buffalo considering that it was dug. Most come out really toasted. 1915-S is a scarce coin.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice hunting and grats on all the firsts. WHATS NEXT!!!! HH ALL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice looking coin, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions