PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I received a call from a friend who owns a beachfront resort about 500 yards from our place. Newlywed couple lost a wedding ring. So I went over a few minutes later and got the story. He was playing catch with a football in water and felt it slip off, been looking for the last few hours and had a good idea where it was. The water is pretty clear and a few feet deep so I figured shouldn't be too hard to find. Got into the water for about 2 minutes started to search and the father-in-law who was about 10 feet away spotted it and pulled it out.

So much for being the hero, but for kicks I ran my coil over it and it nulled out. The ring was titanium so I might have passed it by, I didn't ask that prior to starting to search. If I got a null I would have probably looked down, but who knows.

Maybe next I'll get the glory.

Pete

Upvote 0
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What detector are you using? Titanium shouldn't null out.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John is correct. Perhaps you may have set your detector on discriminate. I set my Excal to reject only iron.

OP
OP
PullTabPete

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had it set to 1, so I thought it should only reject iron. The guy said it had meteorite in it also. Wasn't aware of any rings with that. Maybe it was a chunk of iron.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread