First Civil War finds & Pets

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy All, A good friend took me to a Civil War Campsite near Danville VA yesterday and i found my first civil war relics. My friend found 2 3 ring bullets and part of a cannon fuse. I got a piece of camp lead and a small concave lead washer. Any idea what it is? Washer and camp lead are pictured next to a 22 shell. Other stuff in pictures are more modern. Almost forgot to mention the pets i picked up along the way. So much for Cutters!

Attachments

• IMG_4776.JPG
    IMG_4776.JPG
    327.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4777.JPG
    IMG_4777.JPG
    139.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4778.JPG
    IMG_4778.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4775.JPG
    IMG_4775.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 0

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope none of those ticks got down your boots .. They play a mean game of "Tic-Attack-a-Toe"
That lead washer looks like it might have had a roofing nail through it, used to install metal roofing.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pets were EVERYWHERE but in my boots. I soaked my pants and shirt in cutters and then sprayed my legs before putting on my pants. My friend told me that the washer like things have been found all over the site and some had a steel or iron rod around 2 inches long with a "washer" on each end. He didn't know what they were for.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are much calmer after their alcohol dip! Only counted 31 not including the ones i picked and tossed out the window on the way home.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The washer is 1/2 inch across at it's widest point and hole is 1/8 inch. Found another 20+ pets in my clothes when i put the in the washer just now. They had been stored outside in a trash bag at the wifes "request".

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man i hate those stupid worthless tics!, nice finds!!

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope none of those ticks got down your boots .. They play a mean game of "Tic-Attack-a-Toe"
That lead washer looks like it might have had a roofing nail through it, used to install metal roofing.

hope they didn't get down his droors! crotch crickets!:laughing7:

Erving

Apr 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Interesting finds. :icon_thumleft: Wow, I had one tick on me today and almost freaked out, and here you had a whole heard of them on you. :icon_pale:

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The previous trip to that site, i didn't have any bug spray on and came home with almost 40 on me. This time i megadosed with Cutters and had 31 on me. About 20 bites. Might have to avoid that site until winter. I'm a hairy guy and last night my wife spent almost an hour hunting and pulling the little buggers. I think she pulled a lot of hair out on purpose to pay me back for being stupid enough to go back.

deb55

Apr 11, 2013
I heard if you spray yourself and clothes with white distilled vinegar that will repel them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions