First Club Treasure Hunt

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
100_2056.JPG 100_2055.JPG

This weekend I went to the NorthWest Treasure Hunters Annual Hunt. It was my first competition hunt. A lot of people said the At Pro is not a good hunt detector, you decide for your self.
Totals for silver 59 dimes, 14 quarters, 4 Halves, 2 dollars and 3 silver rounds. Now how do I feel about competition hunts? It was blah, no feeling or excitement. I like real coin hunting where you earn and work for every silver you get. Where you have a chance to score a rare or key date or a very old coin. Thats what I do this for the thrill of the find. It was worth the experience but don't get anything out of it. These coins don't count for my totals this year and shouldn't just figured I show you how I did. Thanks for looking and I'm interested in your feelings about seeded hunts.
Happy Hunting
MackDog

Upvote 2

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing wrong with seeded hunts. You get to meet others who enjoy the hobby and perhaps make some new friends with whom you can share your passion. I will say however that some are too expensive to enter.

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It took a lot of work and luck to come out a head a little very little

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, that is bunch of silver coins. I have only found (10) silver coins in my 6 month MDing career, all dimes... so to me that looks like years worth of finds.

How much did it cost to enter?

I want to give one of those hunts a try, however...

I tend to agree with you about really "finding" the treasure, as opposed to someone burying it for you to find. Having a bunch of people around racing me to get at the fish in the barrel before me, seems kinda odd. I prefer the solitude and peace of the hunt.

Certainly, as you said, they do not count as "found" treasure... however, I would like to run my fingers through all of those silver coins.

I see the finds that you make, you do really well in the real world.
GL&HH, Carolina Tom.

shawninNY

Oct 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Xlt/Dfx/BHID , Excaliber, nowCtx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom seeded club hunts , are an awesome aspect of our hobby! I've never won a metal detector while relic hunting in the woods , but have at seeded hunts , my 10 year old daughter also won a machine! I also have won about 5 gold coins thru token prizes or raffles contact a club near you or look in western n eastern for dates there's a good 2 day hunt in Maryland in oct!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe some of the club hunts are listed on T Net farther down in the forums, around where the clubs are listed.

Never been to one would like to have a look see sometime.
I also hunt solo, the only thing talking to me is the M6, and treasure!

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, that is bunch of silver coins. I have only found (10) silver coins in my 6 month MDing career, all dimes... so to me that looks like years worth of finds.

I tend to agree with you about really "finding" the treasure, as opposed to someone burying it for you to find. Having a bunch of people around racing me to get at the fish in the barrel before me, seems kinda odd. I prefer the solitude and peace of the hunt.

Certainly, as you said, they do not count as "found" treasure... however, I would like to run my fingers through all of those silver coins.

GL&HH, Carolina Tom.

Yes I do well and it's because I work hard at it. In the end I feel really rewarded when I find old silver.
Happy hunting
MackDog

OP
OP
M

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

GL&HH, Carolina Tom.

The total cost for 5 hunts was $230. Found almost $80 in clad, got around $250 worth of silver plus around $30-$40 in prizes (ponchos,divers, knives, coolers and other stuff). My friend won a $700 detector also had a $500 and $400 detectors, Grey ghost head phones and Pro pointer as big prizes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread