First cold hunt of 2014.

DiggerDave in Pa.

Jan 12, 2011
Huntingdon County Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
I managed to get out yesterday to do some dump digging and detecting. The ground is frozen but not too bad yet. It's tough digging with lots of clay and rock fill on top of the ash layer. The water table is up right now and I couldn't even get close to the bottom. I spent most of the time digging the top off and detecting the throw-outs. My finds were - 190? Indian, 18?? Indian, two hole button, a what's it and a clay object. The only whole bottle I found was a warranted flask and I left it. It wasn't a very productive day compared to some days. It felt good to get out and about for a while. Thanks for looking! DDinPA. MVC-547F.JPG MVC-548F.JPG MVC-549F.JPG MVC-550F.JPG MVC-551F.JPG

Upvote 3

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds and getting out in the article cold to MD! Interesting clay brick with the four scores on it.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
You are a brave soul to get out at these temps .. Brrrrr . .. That clay piece is interesting––any ideas what it is? I like the whatzit, too!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Digger Dave in Pa. I dug some Indians like that and put them in a glass of peroxide over a light bulb( be careful) and let them bubble clean. I was surprised at how nice they came out. Might be worth a try. Coooool digs!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread