First Copper for 2010

Flyingbuy

Apr 20, 2009
Berkshire County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MineLabs (Explorer ) , Tesoro (DeLeon ) ,Garrett (AT Pro Gold)
I actually dug this Friday and am just getting back to the island, Martha's Vineyard to post it. I went back to a field out here that has been giving up coppers , a few each year, five of them last year. I have been having problems with my Tesoro DeLeon indicating on " hot rock " , seems to be more of a problem in the spring and wet ground ? So, I took my Mine Labs Excallibur out for a few hours. It is noticably heavier especially out of water but won't indicate on the hot rocks !!! Thsi copper is badly worn but still nice to pull anything this time of year, luckily the ground is not frozen at all out here . Other than what looks like an " A " on the reverse and head facing left on the obverse I'm not seeing other clues and am not sure what the coin is ?

Attachments

• feb cop.jpg
    feb cop.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 508
  • feb cop2.jpg
    feb cop2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 510
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
British George II halfpenny - young bust (1730s/40s)
Thanks, I'm hoping to get back there this week and be able to post something else in the copper world !!!!

Flyingbuy said:
Iron Patch said:
Thanks, I'm hoping to get back there this week and be able to post something else in the copper world !!!!

When you got coppers that old make sure you dig all the non iron hits... there is a good kepper close!

HEY! I"ll be on Cape this summer, I would gladly help you dig! Nice Copper!

Iron Patch said:
Flyingbuy said:
Iron Patch said:

When you got coppers that old make sure you dig all the non iron hits... there is a good kepper close!
Your right on , Within 100 yards these are the other coins i have dug from this field last year. + one other KG not pictured. All found with the Tesoro, but right now the thing is going off on too many rocks ? The one ton Minelabs is what I've been using so far this year.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 286
  • 1781.jpg
    1781.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 285
  • north rd coin flip side 006.jpg
    north rd coin flip side 006.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 298
  • 1809.jpg
    1809.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 300
  • 1795.jpg
    1795.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 295
  • 1781.jpg
    1781.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 281
  • north rd coin flip side 006.jpg
    north rd coin flip side 006.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 285
  • 1809.jpg
    1809.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 300
  • 1795.jpg
    1795.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 289
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 288
Flyingbuy said:
Iron Patch said:
Flyingbuy said:
Iron Patch said:
Sorry, coins are 1781 1/2 reale, 1792 Druid , 1809 1/2 penny , 1795 penny, 180? penny

Your right on , Within 100 yards these are the other coins i have dug from this field last year. + one other KG not pictured. All found with the Tesoro, but right now the thing is going off on too many rocks ? The one ton Minelabs is what I've been using so far this year.

Great oldies! But there's probably better ways of cleaning than what you're doing.

Iron Patch said:
Great oldies! But there's probably better ways of cleaning than what you're doing.

I agree, what are you doing to clean them? :icon_scratch: Keep digging that site with your passion.

Kirk

Kirk PA said:
Iron Patch said:

I agree, what are you doing to clean them? :icon_scratch: Keep digging that site with your passion.

Kirk
Yes, my daughter got on a few of them , 20 or so and cleaned them, or recleaned them, with an electric tooth brush. Gotta love your kids more than the coins, sorry guys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back