Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out with HeavyMetalNut today. The first major portion of the day was a disappointment, all of the sites we located were pounded to smithereens. GRUELING WALK through a foot of snow in some spots. All three cellar holes we found had absolutely no signals left. SO the last spot we agreed on was a farm field that once had a homestead. With permission from the farmer, we began our march through the manure. When buttons started poppin I just knew coppers would surface. I managed these buttons and chewed up NEW JERSEY! (my first). Thanks for lookin!

Attachments

• 066.JPG
    066.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 506
  • 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 519
  • 068.JPG
    068.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0
nice job jess! congrats on your 1st NJ. :thumbsup: we will get back

There's nothing like cow poo and coppers, congrats on your first NJ Sniffy.
I've never found one either, and not likely I will.

Nice one Sniffy. Out of curiosity, what is the diameter of that coin? Looks between the size of an indian and shield. I've probably seen them on here before but having trouble remembering what they look like.

See what happens, nobody likes you after you make the banner :laughing9: :laughing9: just kiddin bud

Nice copper and relics.. looks like 2011 is gonna be a lot like 2010 for you :o

umrgolf said:
See what happens, nobody likes you after you make the banner :laughing9: :laughing9: just kiddin bud

well i like ya!! thats a nice hunt snifster. :icon_sunny: willy

Cross another one off the list. Still waiting for my first NJ copper. :icon_thumleft:

umrgolf said:

hahaha. People are sick of me.... :sad10:

dfx willy said:
umrgolf said:

Why thank you.

HILL BILLY said:
There's nothing like cow poo and coppers, congrats on your first NJ Sniffy.
I've never found one either, and not likely I will.
hahaha your right....I've never done a field like this before...I had alot of fun and got to make my whole house smell like manure.

dfx willy said:
umrgolf said:

We all like him, just givin ya a hard time Sniffy :tongue3:

Nice find man! Found my first this week too. Can it be cleaned up to get the variety?

SouthJerseyJim said:
Nice find man! Found my first this week too. Can it be cleaned up to get the variety?
i dont' think so, I didn't want to try and clean it any more. It looks like it may just crumble away. I'm just happy to be able to ID it as a New Jersey.

Nice way to start the copper count for 2011 with a NJ Copper. Living in Virginia, we don't get those types of Coppers down this way and if we do its a rare occasion. Most of the coppers we dig here are KG I, II, III, KGIII Virginia Halfpennys and Large Cents.....although I did dig a Connecticut Copper out of left field a few months ago :laughing9: I'd love to dig one of those New Jerseys one of these days in any condition! Congratulations :occasion14: :wink:

{Sentinel} said:
Nice way to start the copper count for 2011 with a NJ Copper. Living in Virginia, we don't get those types of Coppers down this way and if we do its a rare occasion. Most of the coppers we dig here are KG I, II, III, KGIII Virginia Halfpennys and Large Cents.....although I did dig a Connecticut Copper out of left field a few months ago :laughing9: I'd love to dig one of those New Jerseys one of these days in any condition! Congratulations :occasion14: :wink:
I remember the CT you found. Fortunately up here we have a larger range with variety of coppers. I'd love to find a Virginia Halfpenny. Wanna trade spots for awhile?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back