First Coppers Today

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Hey Everyone,
I Met up with Stormfighter this morning. We've been doing some research and decided to split the day hunting 2 new spots. Here is what I got at the first spot, my first LC.
11168F7V 002.jpg
11168F7V 003.jpg

We had our lunch and headed over to the second spot, I got 2 more coppers. Here is a pic of all 3 together
11168F7V 006.jpg
The one pictured in the middle I need help if anyone can tell what kind of coin it is and what the possible dates are. It is similar in size and thickness to the 1839. The one on the right is toasted but I notice it's a little smaller in diameter than the other two and thinner.
Thanks for looking,
Glenn

Upvote 0

Mercury63

Oct 20, 2008
From one Manhattanite to another, I salute you. I bet it was a thrill. How deep down where the coins ?

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Glenn,

Major congrats on finding three old coppers, including your first Largie!! :thumbsup:

I can't help you with the other two coins, but I'm sure someone will chime in on coin #2 in your pic!

Very nice!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

stormfighter

Mar 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
DFX
Great Pics Glenn, It was a great hunt.I hope we have plenty more to come.Next time I want a 5 minute Handicap.LOL DAN

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 coppers ! Wow ! :occasion14: :headbang: :headbang:

Congrats

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The middle coin is an old head style King George II Halfpenny, 1740-56, the coin on the right, with no detail showing but most likely is a typical worn out counterfeit KGIII Halfpenny, but again, I could not see any detail, but being of the smaller thinner size that is the most probable coin.

Don

OP
OP
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Rob66 said:
Nice...spot : :thumbsup:

Thanks Rob66 :thumbsup:

collector_1 said:
Congrats on your first coppers :thumbsup: hope you find many more. HH!

Thanks collector_1 :thumbsup:

Mercury63 said:
From one Manhattanite to another, I salute you. I bet it was a thrill. How deep down where the coins ?

Thanks Mercury63, I couldn't believe it when it popped out, the 1839 LC was no more than 3" down, very shallow. The KG II and the other coin were found in a different spot and they were in the 6-8 inch range.

Captn_SE said:
Glenn,

Major congrats on finding three old coppers, including your first Largie!! :thumbsup:

I can't help you with the other two coins, but I'm sure someone will chime in on coin #2 in your pic!

Very nice!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan :thumbsup:

Stormfighter said:
Great Pics Glenn, It was a great hunt.I hope we have plenty more to come.Next time I want a 5 minute Handicap.LOL DAN

Thanks Dan,
I hope we get more too, especially before it gets too cold. I can't wait til you get one buddy, I hope I'm there when you do. It was great having you there when I got mine :thumbsup: Talk to you later,
Glenn

tymcmurray said:
I can't believe this!!!
Looks like you have a King George II.
Check out the similarities of Civilmans post at

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,200840.0.html

Here is your coin next to his.

Congratulations on some great coppers no matter what they are!!

Thanks Ty,
great comparison photo there :thumbsup: You were right too it is a KGII Good Luck!
Glenn

willie d said:
3 coppers ! Wow ! :occasion14: :headbang: :headbang:

Congrats

Thanks willie d :thumbsup:

kimsdad said:
Congrats on the great finds!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Nice detail on the LC!

Thanks kimsdad, I thought for sure my first would be a blank green disc, I got lucky and found one with a date :thumbsup:

allen said:
congrats on that beautiful large cent...

Thanks allen :thumbsup:

kdismuke1 said:
congrats. on the coppers. :thumbsup:

Thanks kdismuke1 :thumbsup:

funkman said:
FANTASTIC!! Congrats on the great coins and your first LC

Funkman

Thanks Funkman :thumbsup:

Don in SJ said:
The middle coin is an old head style King George II Halfpenny, 1740-56, the coin on the right, with no detail showing but most likely is a typical worn out counterfeit KGIII Halfpenny, but again, I could not see any detail, but being of the smaller thinner size that is the most probable coin.

Don

Thanks for the help on the ID Don,
We are fortunate to have members like you and others who have the knowledge to help with the ID on the various items found :thumbsup:
Good Luck and HH
Glenn

silverfreak said:
Glenn you are finding some AWESOME coins buddy. Congrats on those old coppers :thumbsup:

Thanks Man :thumbsup:

N.J.THer said:
Great job on the coppers....keep them coming.

NJ

Thanks NJ :thumbsup:

jmann2424 said:
Really nice finds

Thanks jmann2424 :thumbsup:

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the 1839, the KGII and the ???. Any day when you pull a triple play is a tremendous day!

Congrats!

Neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions