First couple of hunts in Colorado!

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been here 8 days now and have had a blast in the drier and much thinner air - not having humidity or excessive mosquitoes is a welcome change to what I'm used to....

8-13-15 003.JPG

First time out I found a park not far from the hotel which seemed to date to the 1940s. Signals were few and far between but the ground was tolerable. I left me Lesche back in TN and really miss it - so I had to go old school and use a long screwdriver! About an hour into hunting the park I got a faint sweet signal while running 4 khz. Quickly found a large tree root but this only fueled the fire...I saw a tiny disk at around 7" down in the sidewall but it was only a play money token! I still consider that a good find and lets me know I'm getting the depth in this soil, which I hear is highly mineralized but so far hasn't been bad....

Today's hunt was a little better - found two vacant lots side by side that date to the early 1900s. One of the neighbors wanted to see if I could find anything old to which I replied "That's always the objective...even old trash tells you to keep looking for the good stuff!"

I quickly noticed that the trash levels weren't excessive like I'm used to. Dug more coin targets than trash today and had 00-28 Disc while in 4 khz and "tone hunted" the entire time listening for those rounder signals. Reactivity = 3 although I tried 2 when I came upon one of the Wheats that was 4-5" down. One of those Wheats was next to the cast iron pipe in the photo. Dug out the iron first and then received a tight "72-73" - with only a screwdriver this took a little longer than I wanted, but still had a great time hunting in comfortable conditions.

This weekend I'm going for my first CO permission and I hope it will be a doozy of a hunt! I hear some rental houses calling....

8-13-15 002.JPG

Attachments

• 8-13-15 001.JPG
    8-13-15 001.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Taylor it won't take you long to get it all figured out where the best places are to hunt. You'll be posting pictures of silver and gold before too long.

Let me know when you get back into town. Maybe we can get a hunt in together. I've got some real shady places I'd like to take you to. LOL

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread