Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me 4 banks until one had any rolls they could sell me... I managed to get 51 rolls for 510$.

Went to my dads for dinner, and had 1 roll in my pocket to test out. It was ALL SILVER!!! I couldnt believe it! Another 3 rolls on the top of my box were all silver as well... Went through today and sorted them all by date...

I will let the pics do the talking...

Apparently it wont let me post 2 of the pics, but heres 1 atleast for now

Attachments

• IMG_20121013_101741.jpg
    IMG_20121013_101741.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 310
Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... Don't get used to those, because they are definitely not normal.. but that's a good sign.. What I recommend now is using that bank as a center point and spreading out your searches to banks primarily around that area.. It may mean that no one has checked just that bank, or it could mean that the area itself is untapped.. Normally hunters will hit multiple banks in an area.. Once again if you find one that hits search the banks around it.. Good luck...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! You were at the right place at the right time. It's happened to me many times...buy 48 rolls in dumps, and mixed in with those were grandpa's silver collection that the grandkids cashed in for paper.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back and see if they also have more CWR for quarters, dimes, nickels, and cents.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those were mine dude.... What the heck? That's weak, send them over.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back and see if they also have more CWR for quarters, dimes, nickels, and cents.

yep, anytime you find silver it's an indication of a collection dump, possibly multi-denominations

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies guys... Yeah I had done research for a week or so on these forums and youtube... Decided to jump in and try it... I would have been happy to find 1 coin after reading other peoples stories...

My other 2 pics arent uploading at all, they are over 2mb, so maybe thats why? Im trying imageshack but its making me register(ive used for free in the past many times) and not sending email to confirm... Anyways ill get back to you guys with the other 2 pics, just closeups really...

I cashed in alot of the silver today, I cashed in 70 of the 40% coins for about 346, and 6 90% 1964 coins for about 79... I cashed 417 and kept 10 of the 1964 kennedys, 5 ben franklins, and the 2 walking liberties...

Try and post pics later, gotta run... HH everyone

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey congrats!
You got a good deal on that sell.
Keep it up.

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice score, sir! Welcome to CRHing, and here's to hoping you make another great find!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish there were rolls in my area there are none. Thats why i do 60 boxes a week.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went back today to buy the rest of the 210$ worth of halves, and also picked up 200$ in dimes...

All skunked, thought I had a silver dime but it was a canadian dime mixed in with the nickel plating! doh...

I did find a full roll of 1985 D halves, look uncirculated... Is it worth anything?

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Infowarrior said:
I did find a full roll of 1985 D halves, look uncirculated... Is it worth anything?

You can post 'em on eBay. I sold a roll of 1994-D on eBay, made a couple of bucks.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a plan... any specific title names I should use when I post it, to attract people to it?

Some look more shiny than others, but no major scratches and the rims are all in great condition, which is why I stopped to check them all out

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a plan... any specific title names I should use when I post it, to attract people to it?

Some look more shiny than others, but no major scratches and the rims are all in great condition, which is why I stopped to check them all out

Just say they are like "Amazing pristine condition" or something like that. Also, mention that halves are no longer minted for circulation in the description.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread