Fridays After Work Hunt

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been limited to mostly searching on Friday afternoons for the past several weeks. The banks are open later and I can pretty much pick and choose
which ones I want to hit. It is a stretch of about ten miles between my first dump bank and my second. The bad news is they only allow $100.00 at a time
to be dumped and charge 5% for anything over. The great news is that they are opening another branch right smack in the middle of my route :hello2:
I drive. That gives me three banks within 10 miles that I can dump up to $300.00 dollars in my travels. Now granted I always dump around $150.00 at each but the furthest bank will ALWAYS charge the overage and the closest bank is 50/50 depending on the teller..

Anyways, I was only able to find $10.00 stinking dollars in half dollars at 4 different banks - Skunked again. Half dollars are nowhere to be found
in my area and haven't been for quite sometime.

Dimes on the other hand are prolific EVERYWHERE I go. I am referring only to CWR, not MWR.
Bank 1) $100 in dimes yielded 1 53 Roosevelt and 1 80% Canadian dime - 1960
Bank 2) $40 in dimes yielded 1 59 Roosevelt
Dumped
Bank 3) $100 in dimes and $10 in Halfs - Skunked on the half dollars and 1 63 Roosevelt
Bank 4) $100 in dimes - 2 Roosevelts, 61 and 62.
Dumped and headed home to the Mrs.

Totals $340 dollars in dimes yielded 5 Roosevelts and 1 80% Canadian dime.

I believe that CWR of dimes in my area are an uptapped resource right now and I am going to start hitting them hard again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Changing the strategy is key sometimes. I'm in a similar situation and the only thing working is changing my approach. Good luck with dimes.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea..I feel you... When I go searching for halves in my area, tellers normally only have one or two pieces of clad to give me.. I went on a bank hoppin run for halves this week and each bank literally commented that I was the third person that week who came in asking for halves.. Dimes are also very prominent in my area.. My recent dimes hauls have got me thinking about focusing on dimes primarily, but for now I am just switching pickup banks trying to hit a different source for halves.. Dimes have been my life saver.. All those little pieces really add up over time.. Obviously the amount of silver found is more in halves, especially if you can hunt as much as timzim, but when you only have a big enough bank roll to search 4-6 boxes a week, you will typically face week after week of skunks to get one nice hit of 300-400 worth of silver.. With how dry and overhunted my area is with halves, it's may make sense to try and score 80-100 bucks in silver a week with dimes which will eventually add up to the same amount as a major hit with halves.. Obviously I will never be hitting as much money as the big dogs on here, but if I can pull in a solid 400 a month in silver, I am more than happy.. Especially with how easy it is to pickup and dump dimes

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dimes used to be consistent for me at about 1 per box but in my new area I haven't seen any in the boxes I get. The shrink-wrapped rolls have not produced for me, so I stay with CWR. Hopefully halves will pick up but dimes seem to pass the time. I was happy with my last dime search, it produced my second merc! 41, it pretty good condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread