First Day at the Spooky Old Hospital

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well, maybe not so spooky, but definately old for this area! Three stories, built in 1936, very deco-looking. It's been closed since 1980, no use till about three months ago, when a church leased it. In fact, my 25-year-old fiancee was the last baby born in that hospital. Anyway, I finally managed to get permission to hunt the grounds on Sunday, and jumped right on it. My first two coins were silver Rosies, a '47 and a '56. Then I promptly hit 6 wheaties in a row, a 1909, (no 'S' or 'VDB') 1927, 1939-S, 1952, 1953 and a 1958-D. It did strike me interesting that I found the first and last wheats made. All this was followed by a bunch of clad from the 60's, then it got too cold and dark to hunt. But I shall return! Another interesting point, a co-worker of mine was listening to me tell another co-worker about my finds and she said that she had a boyfriend back in the early 80's that she went with to hunt that same spot, but she said he really didn't find anything of significance.

Upvote 0

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Headlines: "Creepy Clown Guy hits Spooky Old Hospital". ;) I'm just teasin' ya, AF. Sounds like you've got yourself a great place to hunt.

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
Wow, two Rosies and a handful of Wheaties. Sounds like you have quite a location to hunt. Stay after it and I am sure you will find more. Interesting those dates on the pennies. Start and finish. Maybe the rest in between are in the ground there waiting on you. Good luck.

OP
OP
ClonedSIM

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
haupin said:
Headlines:? "Creepy Clown Guy hits Spooky Old Hospital".? ;)? I'm just teasin' ya, AF.? Sounds like you've got yourself a great place to hunt.

:D :D :D :D :D That's great! Thanks guys! If I ever remember to grab a camera I'll snap some shots for you.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to see those pictures!

Wow af!!! Sounds like you had a great day!!! Would be an absolutely awesome day for me! :D

Congrats on your finds!!

Nana ;)

R

rvbvetter

Great digs!!! Sounds like it could be just the tip of the Iceberg. Good luck HH

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and nice site to hunt, look forward to more finds! HH, Mike

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow

You may want to take a close look at that 1909 wheat.
that vdb can hold a real nice price tag.

TXKajun

Oct 12, 2005
Desert Southwest
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 750
Way to go! Let me know if you need help cleaning up the hospital grounds! I'm local, available and willing. ;D

HH, ya'll!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We wanna see a pic of the hospital!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread