Vermont
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Blisstool LTC64X v3,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My father and I traveled to an extremely old beach today and ended up with one George II Half Penny from 1730 in what I think is good condition (maybe) and a 1600s French Fleur De Lis Military (I'm assuming) shoe buckle piece. What a way to start the new year...

image1 (3).JPGimage2 (3).JPG

image4 (3).JPG

GL & HH

Upvote 10
Fantastic finds, beautiful coin, and equally beautiful buckle. Bodes well for 2017, for sure! Congratulations.

Awesome way to start the new year !

Congratualtions on the old copper and very cool buckle! :occasion14:

Two Sweet finds to start the year off!! That old copper has some nice detail, Congrats!!

Not seen that type of buckle before, have you got a reference for it, or were you guessing? Fluer-de-lue was a common decor on many British items. It looks more like a early 18th C Hat Buckle to me, or maybe a large knee buckle??

Not seen that type of buckle before, have you got a reference for it, or were you guessing? Fluer-de-lue was a common decor on many British items. It looks more like a early 18th C Hat Buckle to me, or maybe a large knee buckle??

I found one reference online somewhere, it was a photo of a 1600s British buckle that was almost exactly the same but had different designs. The site we were searching is famously French as a fort is in the area built by the French in the early 1600s, but who knows.

Wow that is impressive!, great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back