First day out in a while, success!

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the past month or so I’ve gone out of town, got extremely sick, and then I hurt my knee being in a weird position in my crawlspace. Suffice to say I have been itchin to dig some holes. Went out with my dad and brother to a place on the coast that was a saltworks and a base for training military dogs for in ww2. I was hoping to find something related to that. Even though I didn’t, I still had a good day. I ended up with 6 silvers, 4 wheaties, and a cool government license plate I gave to the property owner, but the find of the day was a kg3 copper coin. I believe the date is 1775, but it’s hard to make out. This is the first colonial copper I’ve ever found and it’s easily my oldest coin so I’m super excited about it. Hopefully there are many more to come! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_6641.jpeg
    IMG_6641.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_6644.jpeg
    IMG_6644.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6645.jpeg
    IMG_6645.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_6646.jpeg
    IMG_6646.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_6647.jpeg
    IMG_6647.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_6648.jpeg
    IMG_6648.jpeg
    946.2 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 44

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the past month or so I’ve gone out of town, got extremely sick, and then I hurt my knee being in a weird position in my crawlspace. Suffice to say I have been itchin to dig some holes. Went out with my dad and brother to a place on the coast that was a saltworks and a base for training military dogs for in ww2. I was hoping to find something related to that. Even though I didn’t, I still had a good day. I ended up with 6 silvers, 4 wheaties, and a cool government license plate I gave to the property owner, but the find of the day was a kg3 copper coin. I believe the date is 1775, but it’s hard to make out. This is the first colonial copper I’ve ever found and it’s easily my oldest coin so I’m super excited about it. Hopefully there are many more to come! Thanks for looking!
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gratz on the copper and love that silver, well played

OP
OP
Hbot37

Hbot37

Bronze Member
Jul 7, 2022
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gratz on the copper and love that silver, well played
Yeah it's the most silver I've dug in a day too. Overshadowed by the copper haha!
Wow ... you had a fantastic day - a big congrats on finding your oldest coin ever ! :hello2:
Thanks Im pumped!
Wow! You had yourself a fantastic hunt for sure!!! That KG III is in wonderful condition, and deserves a place of honor in your collection. Congrats!
Yeah im real happy I can see the date!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great looking KG3! Congrats

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a terrific KGIII. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread