First day using a metal detector...

xtimgx

Mar 17, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Well, I received my Whites Classic ID from a trade from PulltabHatr yesterday. It's a really awesome machine. I hit the NJ beaches but was only there for an hour. I didn't find anything today. Well, I did find this piece of metal in the yard but that's about it. Regardless, here's what everyone has been missing. About 50 degrees today and amazing weather.
-Tim

Attachments

• Beach-March-2nd-(2).jpg
    Beach-March-2nd-(2).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck in the future!!!!!!!!!

DebbzInNC

Feb 23, 2008
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
I'm a newbie too, but I have been promised by the TNers that we will find something special one day. It will happen. lol.
Seriously, congrats on your first day out. The adventure has begun........

~debbz~

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
Keep at it, i go hunt'n all of the time and don't find anything. It's the nature of the beast. Persistance will pay off especially at a beach.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Keep at it. These are my grandsons finds with a Classic ID I picked up for him. Now he is chopping at the bit to go again.
Oh and by the way, the Classic ID is a very good machine and goes pretty deep as well.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
:-)

Keep searching your property. There must be coins buried there. I have a small property, yet I have dug about 15 silver coins plus artifacts galore on it.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where in jersey are ya detecting, I detect alot in ocean city ...

booty

OP
OP
xtimgx

xtimgx

Mar 17, 2006
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Wonderful shores of Long Beach Island and Barnegat area.

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Anyday out MD'ing is a good day. Keep swinging...don't get discouraged. Good luck and happy hunting!

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep up the search. you'll find something.

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Digginman said:
Most folks don't dig anything of value their first time out. But, you will always remember that first find.

DM

Yeah, you could have been like me and found an indian head cent (1899) your first day....and COMPLETELY skunk yourself on coin finds for a long time!!! I haven't found anything in the way of coins other than plenty-o-clad, and about 5 wheaties since (Dec 26th) !!! Doin' alright with the relics, but MAN would I like to find some doggon good coins!!!

~Tom

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
You're doing fine for just starting out. Did you see that low spot in your picture where the water was holding? That's always a good place to run you're coil over. When you find a place like that never pass it up. HH and glad you're enjoying the hobby.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey keep at it. The Classic ID is a GREAT machine to start out with. Be patient, learn your machine, and the finds will come. One more key part of detecting if you want to make nice old finds is RESEARCH. I'm just tossing that out there in case you plan on looking for old finds, I see you were on a beach. I spend most of my off-season doing research. Heck, I'm presently in Iraq and as I post this I've got about 4 windows minimized of sites where i'm researching stuff for when I go home.

HH,
SgtSki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread