First Detector and son commondered it for the first test run!

MudbugLa

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2008
Louisiana
Hi Everyone, I posted once before on the Louisiana board as I was trying to decided which detector to start out with. After feedback and talking with several folks I know, along with the Kellyco folks who were great at explaining to a newbie, I decided to go ahead now and spend the money that I wouldn't have to go back later and spend. I chose the DFX because of soil type, location, depth, ect. Well it finally arrived today ;D
Opened the boxes (my thrill) and my son decided since he was the electronic whiz ::) he would be the one to put it together. I did manage to get him to agree that the DVD should be watched first!!! Checked for any leftover nuts, screws ect. (All us girls know that guys always leave something out when they put stuff together ;D)

We headed outside to give it a test run after watching the DVD. Soil here is heavy clay, lots of peagravel. Son was real nice LOL, he said I could hold the pinpointer and the lesche and dig. He explained (umm yeah like a pro-male) how things work, while I followed and watched.

We had a great time laughing and joking about whose detector it really was and how much we were going to find (one day).

Here are our (his) first finds after a quick sweep here and there for testing the feel and workings of the machine.

Thanks for peeking :)

Attachments

• lawn 003.jpg
    lawn 003.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 547
  • lawn 004.jpg
    lawn 004.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 570
Upvote 0

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Geee, I bet that boat tag rang loud & clear.
Welcome to TN, Bet you will find siver next time out.
Joe

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there MudbugLa. I like your name. Welcome to the crew. Now, go burn up some batteries in that metal detector...... Best of luck to you!!!

DANGLANGLEY

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great beginning for you and your son. Hit yourself an old park, old church or old school next and you will find yourself some coins and maybe some old ones at that.

One great place to always try out a new machine is at your local playground. There are many, many coins and other items there and you can really get a good feel for the detector. Dig everything that gives a signal and make note of how things register. You may even grab a nice piece of jewelry there.

Great fun with your son. I have two that I plan to get into the hobby as soon as their attention spans get just a tad bigger.

OP
OP
MudbugLa

MudbugLa

Tenderfoot
May 5, 2008
Louisiana
Thanks Everyone, I am looking forward to getting to know the machine and enjoying the thrill of the hunt!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to you and your son on your first finds! :thumbsup: And welcome to Tnet!

Nana :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mudbug,

Great to have you with us! Pretty darn good finds for 1st time out. Keep us posted of your ventures & finds. :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
:wave: :blob1: :hello:

:) lol you have make me laugh lol

Nice machine you got, I have a DFX too love it :thumbsup: takes a few rounds with it to know it. I have had mine for several years and I still am learning.

Great way for you and your son to have some family time regardless of who has the diggin chore :tongue3:

Any questions on it let me know I'll try and help you with it, but looks like you all are off to a great start already :thumbsup:

Welcome to the TNet family and we will enjoy seeing more of your posts . love the plate :thumbsup: If you find a 1956 one I'm interested in it for my 56 chevy I am restoring :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread