Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0860.jpg

My first Diamond RING!!!!!!

14K Gold Diamond Ring staring at me from the scoop........AWESOME!!! No idea what its worth.....6 diamonds......any ideas?

Upvote 0

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea for you!!! What a beauty:occasion14: Your first is priceless!

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
One like that, in my size is on my "List", which would make finding it it priceless to me. However, When I took a similar 10k white gold ring (not in my size) to a jeweler, they offered very little for the diamonds since they were small. The gold is basically the only value they offered me, which I declined to sell. Beautiful ring. If it is not inscribed, sell it on Ebay or Craigslist if you want to get more than melt value for it. HH, Beach papa

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the ring...its a beauty...Your first diamond ring...can you really put a value on it? :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
R.Danneskjold

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah.....sentimental value goes up pretty fast when you find it after 7 hours of diggin! Wife doesn't like gold so i'm able to sling it! It'l help pay for the excal II !!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful first ring and I would never sell your first one as you will never forget it. :headbang:

OP
OP
R.Danneskjold

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful first ring and I would never sell your first one as you will never forget it. :headbang:

I took some pics and will certainly never forget my first diamond ring! I think selling it for an excal 1000 may pay off in the end though????

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you....Its kind of a family motto...Me, My wife, Brother, Father in Law, Son, & Son in Law all ex military...all but my wife served in combat...

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you send it off to ARA, they will remove the stones, give you a check for the gold and have a jeweler make you an offer on the stones. Don't expect much of an offer though......it will be very low. If I were you, just have them send the stones back to you, then you can have them put into something for the wife.

As Sandman said, I regret doing it with my first diamond ring......kind of wish I had it back.

Heck of a nice ring though....congrats.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman is right! My wife still has my first one and I can still remember that day and where and that was in 1994. I think they call that a Carriage Ring? Pretty little thing!

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is a beautiful ring !!!! I would keep it and only sell it if you didn't have any money to pay the bills.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a jeweler offers for it and what he sells it for are two worlds apart. My sister took one of my finds, a ladies 14kt. gold dinner ring with 12 diamonds ,he told her it weighed 2DWT and offered her $70.00. That was even less than the gold value. I should go there and offer him $70.00 for one of his diamond rings on display and see what he says.

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a jeweler offers for it and what he sells it for are two worlds apart. My sister took one of my finds, a ladies 14kt. gold dinner ring with 12 diamonds ,he told her it weighed 2DWT and offered her $70.00. That was even less than the gold value. I should go there and offer him $70.00 for one of his diamond rings on display and see what he says.

I would like to see the look on his face.....:laughing7:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off....:wav::wav::wav:
BEAUTIFUL ring!!

A reputable jeweler will usually pay you 1/4 to 1/3 of the price he intends to sell the ring for. Say he will sell the ring for $1,000 retail...you may get $250-$335 for it. This amount is dependent upon the quality of the diamonds (color, cut, clarity and carat weight) and whether the gold is 10k, 14k,15k, 18k, 22k or 24k. You may be better off selling it for the gold melt value (price you will get depends on the troy weight of the gold less the diamonds - this will be less than the "spot" price of gold). Personally, I would hold onto it for now - or maybe forever. But then again, diamonds ARE a girl's best friend!

Again, beautiful ring! Congrats on the bling!

HH,
Anita

laurenB

Aug 24, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
V3i, Garrett Pinpointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find. Remember where there is one there might be more :thumbsup: ..I'd keep looking as gold prices could go up and you might find an even bigger one next time out ..for me .. I have my first six nails ...priceless!

OP
OP
R.Danneskjold

R.Danneskjold

Jun 23, 2013
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lots of great advice......thanks guys! I think I'm gonna sell it along with some other gold I have found and see what I get......I'm in Canada and see quite a few places....thanks again!

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring! I would keep it if at all possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread