First diamond ring!!!

Mobius1

Sep 10, 2013
Orange, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305 (two years experience)
E-trac (currently learning)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only 30 minutes into the hunt, I hit a signal that was reading as an old pull tab on my 305. I saw the target in the bottom of the hole thinking it's just some foil until I brushed away some dirt... GOLD!!! I couldn't believe my eyes and I took a good long break to calm down and keep searching. Just my luck, my detector's batteries died minutes later lol.
It's a beautiful gold women's ring with a 3/4 Karat diamond as the centerstone. I had it appraised today at a pawn shop who offered me $300! I'm happy with it but I know I can get more. My advice: Dig everything even it can be trash! (Except for iron, nobody needs that haha). Happy hunting!

Attachments

• image-298988973.jpg
    image-298988973.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 269
  • image-712246631.jpg
    image-712246631.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 263
  • image-3160051122.jpg
    image-3160051122.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 230
  • image-2861011594.jpg
    image-2861011594.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 277
  • image-2555711896.jpg
    image-2555711896.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 21
Sweet ring you can definitely get more than they offered.

That's really nice! Looks old
It is for sure. It was 5" below and I'm estimating from the 60's or 70's since the coins of the same depth were coming out as that date.

It is for sure. It was 5" below and I'm estimating from the 60's or 70's since the coins of the same depth were coming out as that date.

Probably much older, I'm guessing 1940's :-)

Last edited:
Congrats on the first... That is a nice one to start with!

Really nice ring! Good hunt:icon_thumleft:

Beautiful ring !

Welcome to the diamond club!! Dig it all! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for an asking price. Any ideas? Here is the official specifications and grading.

Attachments

• image-2012171194.jpg
    image-2012171194.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 167
Congrats that is a beautiful ring!
I hope you went out and bought your poor detector fresh batteries after it went into shock finding that ring! Lol!

14.4k.gif I sure you could get a lot more

wholesale price on the stone by itself would be around 300 bucks, not to mention the value of the gold in the ring. the guy who offered you 300 for it was low-balling you. of course, he in turn has to make a profit, so you would never get full retail from anyone for it. I hope you can find a better offer

Gorgeous ring.

Very nice find! You would be getting ripped-off for $300, but you will never get retail price if you sell it. You need to educate yourself first on diamonds, and he told you it was .81 carts not a full cart but not a small diamond, vs1 clarity is a very good, he said color is E which is colorless, you found a very good diamond not including the cost of the setting. If you go on blue nile and build your own ring and put it .81, vs1 , e color you are looking at 3,988 to over 4,000 just for the diamond. If you don't need to sell it than don't you might meet someone someday just get it reset. I would take it to a reputable jeweler not a pawn shop to check the prongs that is holding the diamond. The Four C's | The 4 C's | Diamond Cut, Color, Clarity & Carat
Build Your Own Ring - Design Your Own Diamond Ring | Blue Nile

Thanks for the support everybody! There are no markings on the ring which leads me to believe that it is either custom or foreign. I plan on holding onto the ring for awhile until that special lady comes into my life. In only seventeen though haha got some lookin to do. Anyway I'm going to replace the setting with a newer, more modern band an use the diamond as the centerstone. This will create an amazing backstory!

For some, that would be a find of a lifetime and you are only 17!! I would keep the stone and or band as a good luck charm.. that is a CRAZY find!! Congrats

Thanks for the support everybody! There are no markings on the ring which leads me to believe that it is either custom or foreign. I plan on holding onto the ring for awhile until that special lady comes into my life. In only seventeen though haha got some lookin to do. Anyway I'm going to replace the setting with a newer, more modern band an use the diamond as the centerstone. This will create an amazing backstory!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back