Key and Lock

chris herron

Jan 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello I'm pretty new to the hobby and have been on only four or five hunts at parks and my own backyard.Today at a friends house I found my first real fine in some woods next to his place .Next to a very large oak tree I got a really faint signal when I dug down at about 18 inches (which I thought was a lot deeper than my metal detector should be able to go agian I'm new )I found this key when I put the pin pointer back in the hole it hit on something else just an inch away from where the key was I found this lock.I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what type of key and lock this is as well is the best way to clean them.the key is much too large to fit into this lock it seems but it was right next to it .they were two other giant oak trees in the vicinity and I did not have time to search any longer do too the sunset settings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 7

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome find. In my opinion locks and keys are some of the neatest finds. Congratulations on a nice and memorable find.

Cheers - Koffee

OP
OP
C

chris herron

Jan 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that feeling of the first real fine it's awesome thank you

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find, Congrats! Oh by the way, it will soon become an addiction not a hobby!

OP
OP
C

chris herron

Jan 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding.I have been bitten by the bug.It's better than Easter egg hunting when you were a kid

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good, Except maybe can slaw! BUT when that first holy s*** find comes out of the ground, and you are looking at it in your hands that are trembling from excitement, You will understand why all of us on this site are totally addicted to this hobby! Just one thing, when you find your first shield nickle, don't put in your shirt pocket like I did. Needless to say, I found it and lost it the same day! :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are really neat finds! I love the design of the key!
Maybe some one will be able to tell you more about them.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats !!!! Nice key & lock !!! Get back and check those other trees .

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, He's got this piece posted on the what is it? forum. He's got pics of it cleaned up. It really is a super nice piece! Check it out!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds, HH!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread