First Double Sided Coin Ring

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since Mother Nature doesn't want to seem to let go of winter here in Indiana I've been on T-Net a lot. In the past I've seen post on here pertaining to coin rings and double sided coin rings. For some reason it peaked my interest late last night and I started doing some research. Got up this morning to 3" of new snow and temps at freezing, made a pot of coffee and headed to the garage. Since I didn't know what I was doing and didn't want to screw up a good silver coin, I started with a clad Washington. First was actually a bust. Centering the hole and it's size is the most important part. So the picture below is actually my second attempt with an array of not so correct tools. A few more Clads and some of the correct tools and I think I can do this.

First Coin Ring.jpg

robgwv

Feb 17, 2013
west virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice, gotta love cabin fever..One year my EX-wife caught me in the bedroom...Make'n a fire with stick and bow :-)

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, gotta love cabin fever..One year my EX-wife caught me in the bedroom...Make'n a fire with stick and bow :-)

That's Crazy cause I've done the same thing, but in the garage, Wife thought I was nuts. Not many out there that cans say they've made fire with two sticks.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good start on ringmaking!

Fire building indoors,funny. Years ago i thought i would try out a new striker for flint and steel fire building,alas the basement was not far enough away when the smoke wafted upward.:protest:

CleenSweep

Feb 27, 2013
Middlesex County, MA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's COOL! How'd you keep the marking on the inside so clean? Very very cool!

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a fellow member on here that must have been making coin rings along time cause he's great at it. Check out the following links. The second link will send you to a PDF fill that explains how to do this. I don't have all the proper tools but am gearing up to give this a whirl. The trick is being able to flatten out the ring so you don't see a flair on one side. Haven't got there yet it this was only my second attempt. As far as keeping the detail on the inside you never lay a hammer on the inside it just slides down the mandrel. Centering the hole and the beginning hole size is the key. Like I said.....not that far yet so it's all trial and error at this point. Give the links a look.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/320492-if-you-can-t-find-them-make-them-coin-ring-crafting-time-again.html

http://members.shaw.ca/john_edmonton...ngs%5B2%5D.pdf

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awsome...I'm gonna give it a go...thanks !!

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post a pic if you get a chance and share anything you might come across that will help. I'm still new to this myself. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread