FIRST DOUBLE SILVER DAY

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what it is about silver that seems to be so elusive for me. I find them, but usually alone, few, and far between. This was the first time in 3 years, that I found two in one day. This weekend was hot and nasty, I worked at least 30 hours over the 4th - 5th outside in the weather. I manage 2 One hour hunts on the 5th, which I had to split in two because of the heat. This was a first time for this location. A High school 56 Miles from home. My first signal +94 VDI on my MXT Pro, SAY WHAT? And I couldn't be happier with my first find. Just under 11 grams of .925 Silver, Spinning fish and all.

Second hunt that day, much hotter and slower, but I managed another silver, though unmarked and very tiny, tested positive. Also found a 1950d Wheatie. The two hunts produced $4.06 in clad.

PICT2517.JPG PICT2528.JPG

Thanks for Being here.

HH
MariposaGold

Last edited:
Upvote 7

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi MPG =) Wow 56 Miles, thats what I'd call dedication, I don't get to travel that far, always have things that have to be taken care of. Nice spinner ring there and you have some kind of silver testing kit apparently, what is it need some info please?

Also have been going cold turkey on the digs here it is maddening, think its been over a week since I detected now. Thinking about doing some gravel parking areas the soil is that hard at least all-ready.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi MPG =) Wow 56 Miles, thats what I'd call dedication, I don't get to travel that far, always have things that have to be taken care of. Nice spinner ring there and you have some kind of silver testing kit apparently, what is it need some info please?

Also have been going cold turkey on the digs here it is maddening, think its been over a week since I detected now. Thinking about doing some gravel parking areas the soil is that hard at least all-ready.

Something like this covers all the bases. Gold Silver Platinum Diamond Tester Kit Gemstone Checker 1000g Digital Scale | eBay

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the double silver day. Your reward for all that hard work over the Holidays.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
double silver! oh yeah!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread