diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if I offended some by being excited about increasing my knowledge and listing my 1st ebay sale, whether it turns out good or horid. I think its safe to say LOTS of threads on this forum gets comments that could be construed as derailing/sidetracking the OP's threads. So what's the big deal about a few Ebay questions? I try and start my own threads about it so as to not derail another. Don't you think its nice to help people with this hobby?
You haven't offended anyone. I apologize for choosing your thread to mention an ebay forum. There's nothing wrong with a few ebay questions. I think there is room for many more ebay questions, if it had it's own forum. I think many (if not most) of us like to help others on here. I know I do. I also appreciate the help that I receive from others. That's what this place is about, sharing information.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010
If not for people coming hear to talk about what they are buying and looking for info and help..It would be dead except for 3 or 4 of you hear to have a private place to talk with one another.And then you would be hooping over to the new site,so what is the diffarance?

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and best wishes for a great sale on your first eBay listing!!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with most of this statement. I do not, however, believe you should make such statements that imply it is not okay to ask "many more ebay questions" unless eBay receives its own forum. I understand that whether or not eBay receives its own forum is a current subject of debate on this forum, but I do not feel it is fair to the users of this forum to bring the debate outside of the designated thread and discourage users to post eBay topics. Whether or not eBay receives its own forum is irrelevant. Is this not the only place the forum has to discuss such topics at this time? Unless you are suggesting that the traffic created through eBay discussion travel to another website, I would recommend encouraging any sort of relevant discussion.

All of that being said, I apologize for my off topic post. I simply have no agenda or "side" as it were. I am only interested in the best interests of this site and felt such needed to be expressed.
I did not make a statement implying that it is "not okay to ask many more ebay questions unless it receives it's own forum". What I thought I said or rather implied was, that if ebay did have it's own forum, then perhaps many more people would be drawn to this site because of it, therefore many more ebay questions could perhaps be discussed. And no to your idea of me suggesting directing traffic to another website... where the hell did that come from, besides left field? Nothing of the sort was ever implied. Geesh!
I've been a loyal member to this site for many years. I would never try to draw people away from here, to the contrary my friend. Years ago I suggested a state by state specific board, guess what- TreasureNet By Location

I merely replied to apologize to you, but you ran with it like a dog with a bone, in the wrong direction. I'm not responding to anything else on your thread, please direct all thoughts, questions and concerns about an ebay forum to the appropriate thread. Have a good day sir.

If not for people coming hear to talk about what they are buying and looking for info and help..It would be dead except for 3 or 4 of you hear to have a private place to talk with one another.And then you would be hooping over to the new site,so what is the diffarance?
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read, in more ways than one.

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there is room for many more eBay questions, if it had it's own forum.

diggummup I am not trying to attack you and apologize if it came off that way. I read what you had stated quite literally as.. well.. there is room for many more eBay questions, IF (as in only if, is how I read it) it had its own forum. My comment about site traffic was referring to how this comment, how I read it, would push users to other websites if here was not the appropriate place. When rereading your post in a different light I do see how I may have taken it the wrong way.

I do hope you understand that I am by no means trying to offend you. I am not out of sync with your thoughts on the subject and as I stated before - I agree with all of what you had stated pertaining to forum ideas. I not once doubted your loyalty, just questioned what I mistakenly thought was flawed logic. I have no quarrels with you whatsoever, nor anyone else on this board.

I clearly misinterpreted your statement. I was wrong and for that I ask for your forgiveness. I was not planning on posting this here, but want to be sure that anyone who read my post understands that it was made based on an inaccurate assumption on my part and should be stricken from the record.

I also apologize to the OP and everyone else for derailing.

OP
OP
T

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I would have known that posting my own thread about popping my First Ebay selling cherry would have turned into this, I would have just posted in the forum I already mentioned the earrings in. Thank you for the best luck wishes from those that gave it. This thread apparently seems derailed completely and I have no more desire to read it, good luck with the Ebay discussions.

P.S. Great job turning a fun exciting thing into a Debbie Downer situation.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggummup did nothing wrong what so ever. He reported a post that is better suited in another forum. We appreciate members doing so..

Attacks on diggum or any member violates our rules....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread