First ever Barber Half

DC

Jun 1, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro, Whites XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Golden Sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a little time this afternoon, after all the cleaning and cooking for our Christmas get together, and my wife told me to go detecting. I started along a side street in the town I live searching along the sidewalks. After about 10 minutes, all I had dug was can slaw and 2 pennies. I recieved a signal between 88-92 and said to myself more rusted iron but low & behold look wat was down about 6 inches. This is the first Barber half I have ever dug and it is a beaut. What a great Christmas present. It is a 1900 o.

Merry Christmas and HH
DC-N-SC

Attachments

• Barber half 002.jpg
    Barber half 002.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 1,352
  • Barber half 001.jpg
    Barber half 001.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,355
Upvote 0
Congrats man!! :headbang: I got my 1st not too long ago myself, what year is it? Can you post a pic of the obverse side?

Nice find & they are so awsome of a coin!

Very nice Find !!! I haven't did sidewalks before!

That is a super Barber half dollar! Big congrats on such a beautiful coin. It is still on my list of coins I have not yet found!
:hello2: :hello2:

Great present from the wife, huh? :) Gave you "time" to go hunting!!! (Should be worth a nice extra stocking stuffer.)
One of my first coins was a nice Barber half.....found in an old motel area in central Florida.
Yours is in MUCH NICER CONDITION than mine, though. Got to grade a high VF. I can see all the LIBERTY.
Great find!!! (When are you going to go back to the sidewalk strip?)

Great find DC,My first find of silver was a 1899 barber almost as good a shape. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Nice lookin' Half there, Congrats!!!

Sweet half. One of my favorite spots to detect are old curb strips. Grats on a beautiful Barber! :notworthy:

Thanks for all the positive remarks. It was great being outside with the sun shinning and the temp in the low 60's. I love this southern weather!

mikefromIllinois said:
Nice barber half, after 38yrs. of detecting i am still looking for my first one. Congrats. Mike.

15 years for me Mike still eludes me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back