First ever GOLD!

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally broke the barrier! After 3 years or so of searching, cursing and asking "why can't I?" I finally found GOLD!! (Can ya tell I'm excited?) Went out to a local park I'd hit before, but haven't been to in about a year. Searched around, found about a dollar or so in loose change, then decided to pack it in and hit the next area. Something told me to go over by the monkey bars. So I swung the coil for a minute and didn't really get anything, until I got a nice low nickel/foil bouncer at 2" down. Normally, I don't dig foil, or even nickel tones sometimes, if they're way down, usually, that's asking for wasted time finding bottle caps. But this time, I said to myself "Hey, it's only 2" down, if it's nothing, I've lost maybe 30 seconds". So I scooped at the mulch with my foot and I see that beautiful sight, just a glimpse of yellow coming from below. I calmly reached down, did a quick eyeball inspection and put it in my pocket. When I got home, I cleaned it up and looked for mint marks. 10K on the pendant and 417 on both sides of the clasp. OH YEAH!!! I know some of you find gold all the time and don't get excited about small items, but this is my first, I'm celebrating!! OK, on to the pics!

IMG_20130120_094408.jpg IMG_20130120_152736.jpg

Upvote 15

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kriopelle

Jun 19, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 350
Bounty hunter ss
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first gold. Still searching for mine. HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Sand-duner

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went down to the local pawn shop today. Had them weigh it out. 17 grams!! Then of course they insult my intelligence with an offer of 170, then "the boss"offers me 220, obviously they didnt know i had the $/g already keyed into my phone calculator Haha!! Wasn't going to sell it to them anyway, I knew they'd lo-ball me. So now, its on to find the right buyer.

dank

Mar 18, 2009
Olympia Wa
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every time i think im digging gold i get a nickle or foil or bottle cap... and every once in awhile when i think im waisting my time and that it is a trash signal find the gold
Congrats on your gold!

natepen

Feb 21, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, that's a nice chunk too! I'm also At zero for gold finds but up here in Minnesota we also can't hunt half the year and can only druel At other's finds till the ground thaws out.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, that will help pay for new detector!!!

okerraine

Mar 24, 2009
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
XP Deus Teknetics T2 Minelab equinox 800 CTX Firty Firty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It took me 3 and a half years to find gold. And after that I found 3 in like a month. Congratulations you're going to be on a roll

The Sanddigger

Nov 15, 2012
Tidewater VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Garrett AT Pro
Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first - No matter what, dig those iffy foil signals!! It sure pays off!

The Sanddigger

Nov 15, 2012
Tidewater VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Garrett AT Pro
Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went down to the local pawn shop today. Had them weigh it out. 17 grams!! Then of course they insult my intelligence with an offer of 170, then "the boss"offers me 220, obviously they didnt know i had the $/g already keyed into my phone calculator Haha!! Wasn't going to sell it to them anyway, I knew they'd lo-ball me. So now, its on to find the right buyer.

I send my gold and silver off to Midwest Refineries.

OP
OP
Sand-duner

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What's the normal turn around time for sending it off to a refinery? What kind of payout would they give? 80/90+%?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
congrats on the nice find. And you found something that many never find...a chain! congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread