First ever GOLD!

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally broke the barrier! After 3 years or so of searching, cursing and asking "why can't I?" I finally found GOLD!! (Can ya tell I'm excited?) Went out to a local park I'd hit before, but haven't been to in about a year. Searched around, found about a dollar or so in loose change, then decided to pack it in and hit the next area. Something told me to go over by the monkey bars. So I swung the coil for a minute and didn't really get anything, until I got a nice low nickel/foil bouncer at 2" down. Normally, I don't dig foil, or even nickel tones sometimes, if they're way down, usually, that's asking for wasted time finding bottle caps. But this time, I said to myself "Hey, it's only 2" down, if it's nothing, I've lost maybe 30 seconds". So I scooped at the mulch with my foot and I see that beautiful sight, just a glimpse of yellow coming from below. I calmly reached down, did a quick eyeball inspection and put it in my pocket. When I got home, I cleaned it up and looked for mint marks. 10K on the pendant and 417 on both sides of the clasp. OH YEAH!!! I know some of you find gold all the time and don't get excited about small items, but this is my first, I'm celebrating!! OK, on to the pics!

IMG_20130120_094408.jpg IMG_20130120_152736.jpg

Upvote 15

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first gold! :icon_thumleft:

jcobb

May 23, 2008
Ft. Worth Tejas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030...AT Pro & Garrett Pro Pointer
Bounty Hunter 505 (Loaner)
That's one heck of a 1st gold find! Congrats!!!

JOE-DIRTDIGGER

Jan 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gold find, im still waiting myself

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold is gold! Celebrate away!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!! That is a nice one also.

mrmrsbenoit

Jan 9, 2013
NE Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great job i am also looking forward to finding my first gold.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first gold. I hope you learned that if you are not digging foil, pull tab, nickel signals you wont find gold.

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Gold, I'm still waiting on my first solid gold find.

eagleforce

Mar 15, 2010
California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Great gold find! I love those pendants. Congrats!!! :notworthy:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First gold
cool.gif
Congratulations
cool.gif

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally broke the barrier! After 3 years or so of searching, cursing and asking "why can't I?" I finally found GOLD!! (Can ya tell I'm excited?) Went out to a local park I'd hit before, but haven't been to in about a year. Searched around, found about a dollar or so in loose change, then decided to pack it in and hit the next area. Something told me to go over by the monkey bars. So I swung the coil for a minute and didn't really get anything, until I got a nice low nickel/foil bouncer at 2" down. Normally, I don't dig foil, or even nickel tones sometimes, if they're way down, usually, that's asking for wasted time finding bottle caps. But this time, I said to myself "Hey, it's only 2" down, if it's nothing, I've lost maybe 30 seconds". So I scooped at the mulch with my foot and I see that beautiful sight, just a glimpse of yellow coming from below. I calmly reached down, did a quick eyeball inspection and put it in my pocket. When I got home, I cleaned it up and looked for mint marks. 10K on the pendant and 417 on both sides of the clasp. OH YEAH!!! I know some of you find gold all the time and don't get excited about small items, but this is my first, I'm celebrating!! OK, on to the pics!

View attachment 728677 View attachment 728678

Congratulations on your first Golden Ticket Sand-duner! :occasion14: Now you understand why old gold hunters like me have dedicated collections of pulltabs. :laughing7:

Attachments

• persistence.jpg
    persistence.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
Sand-duner

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still haven't decided whether I will keep it or not. It should be enough to finally pay off the detector, but I dont have a gram scale (yet) so i dont know exactly what its worth. I think I may just have to start investigating more pull tab signals from now on!

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good show ole boy! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread