Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't found any great motivation to get out and battle the winter here lately...but did get out a few times. Here's some finds from just one hunt. No coins found.

theA.jpg

The spoon was apparently coated in metled down coin silver.
theB.jpg

Went back to the same spot as well as one other spot, and got this stuff.

theD.jpg

theE.jpg

theF.jpg

theG.jpg

Busted up pocketwatch. Wish it was all still intact. Looks pretty old.
theH.jpg

Upvote 0

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting Finds :thumbsup:
Cool Ring & watch face!
Maybe the face went with the clockwork :dontknow:
Great avatar pic :laughing9:

scott565

Apr 20, 2009
Nate: With the snow depths around Cleveland currently being measured in feet, I admire your dedication. My experience in Northeast Ohio has been generally to hang up my detectors in October, and dust them off in April.

Coin Stalker

Jan 12, 2011
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Max, Tesoro Compadre
Very nice finds........Yeah that would be nice if that watch was intact.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:dontknow: :icon_scratch: ...couldn't view any of your photos but, anyway Congratulations! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scott565 said:
Nate: With the snow depths around Cleveland currently being measured in feet, I admire your dedication. My experience in Northeast Ohio has been generally to hang up my detectors in October, and dust them off in April.
I managed to get out before we got the big dumps of snow...but yea I guess whatever's worth it to you. :dontknow: I really enjoy the adventures periodically, being still young I guess lol.

Thanks for the comments guys! :icon_sunny:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nate,
Congrats on that ring big guy. Your girlfriend is going to love you. :love1: :love5:
Is there anything on that large square metal plate to the right of the ring in the third picture? I dug a piece of metal up like that recently thinking it was junk, but there turned out to be a photo image on it from the 1950's.
Is that cigarette a lighter?
Good to see you got out. Being able to do that in Ohio this time of year is really saying something. :hello2:
You and Pa are always welcome to come down here to detect if you ever get bored.
Take care,
Doug

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Nate,
Congrats on that ring big guy. Your girlfriend is going to love you. :love1: :love5:
Is there anything on that large square metal plate to the right of the ring in the third picture? I dug a piece of metal up like that recently thinking it was junk, but there turned out to be a photo image on it from the 1950's.
Is that cigarette a lighter?
Good to see you got out. Being able to do that in Ohio this time of year is really saying something. :hello2:
You and Pa are always welcome to come down here to detect if you ever get bored.
Take care,
Doug
Thanks, I nagged him about that a little around Christmas. :dontknow: Seems to never stop being busy around here. Bout to start classes again.
Washed off the plate, nothing. A friend said it was a cigarette lighter too. I wouldn't have known.
Thanks Doug, take care!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread