Wolfman1966

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2017
West Monroe,LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Poineer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a bit over from where I live, there's a gas pipeline. Recently, they dug it up and replaced the main line going through there. So, I figured with all that dirt having been moved around, I might find something. So I'm out there, checking around...getting plenty of hits, but most are deeper than I can dig right now(I only have a small hand trowel, but plan on getting a shovel soon.
Anyway, I finally get a hit that's between 0-2 inches...but, it's showing that it's not coins or anything, just metal...
so, I dig down, and yep about 2 inches down hit metal...
pull it up
AND....

nothing but a rusty metal disc with a hole in the middle...lol, worthless...yeah,but hey...I had fun and it IS my first find.

I plan on going to a local park this weekend(I've already read about someone that hunted there before, so I'm sure it's ok), and then there's also a local golf course that closed down a while back...
For the golf course, I'm going to need to check with the city, as they own the property, so I'm actually going to wait until next week, and check with the parks and recreation department to make sure it's ok.

Pics of the disc.. KIMG0038.JPG KIMG0039.JPG

Upvote 10

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet, Wolfman..........it is the first of many bits of junk metal you will encounter.........
But, take heart, there's lots o' good stuff out there too, just waitin' for ya!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome...congrats on your first target...it was lost forever until you saved it...the adventure begins...good luck.

trapperart

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2015
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll have buckets full of that stuff if you keep at it, but the good stuff will come also. Welcome to the forum and good luck

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to your new strange addiction.
FYI when it comes to publicly owned land it's always better to ask if there is an ordinance against metal detecting vs just asking for permission. It may seem strange at first but you can't break a law (or rule) that doesn't exist.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet, the more you swing the coil, the better you learn your machine, the more goods you find. We all atrted out pulling items similar to what you dug. Keep with it and if you are looking for coins, go where people congregate, where festivals are held. Good Luck

By the way what detector are you using?

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice first find! Keep at it and the goodies will find its way under the coil!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first find. If you do this hobby right, you will be digging a lot of junk over the course of your Treasure Hunting career. Just get use to it.

OP
OP
W

Wolfman1966

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2017
West Monroe,LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Poineer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
I know it's not the best, but as I got it for free.....who cares? lol

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep your first find This hobby is very addicting wait till you find some silver or gold I keep display cases for all my finds. Don't be afraid to ask any questions on this site for tips ect Thanks for the post!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread