Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I got my Detector back from Tesoro,4 day turn around wow,so packed up my gear an decided to go out for a few hours.the first spot I hit was total darkness so it was one of those dig by brail the very first hit I got felt like a knife an it was the switch blade with the broken handle down about 5-6 inches ,the second pic is my what are they finds I know one is the rusted up pocket knife but not sure of the others.I left there an hit a favorite tot lot an came up with $1.43 in clad an a` few bits of trash and on my way out hit this silver bracelet an a silver ball earring,I finished my night up down on the river where I dug another pocket knife bit its so solid its just junk ,I foind this coin not sure what it is ,its worn paper thin you can barely make anything out on it but here is what you can get....front has a female bust with the lettering
VICTORIA D:G: (it might be a C but looks like G) BRITT:REG:F:D:

the back has somebody sitting with the date 1880

so not a million dollar find but think Tesoro did a good repair job cause I went from findin nothing to findin all kinds of stuff...........sorry bout the long winded post.

Attachments

• SDC10277.JPG
    SDC10277.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 454
  • SDC10278.JPG
    SDC10278.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 442
  • SDC10279.JPG
    SDC10279.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 450
  • SDC10280.JPG
    SDC10280.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 447
Upvote 0

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you did pretty dang good for digging around in the dark. :thumbsup: I would be afraid of something sneaking up on me. ;D Anyway, wish I could help you will the coin, but I don't know much without seeing a closer pic of it. Glad your detector is working good now...good luck & happy hunting. Keep posting those finds!!

:wink: RR

stretchmodel

Dec 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, S.D.
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69, Nice pile of coins you've got started there. The large coin could be an older large penny from England. Welcome to T-net also. Jim

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Cool stuff. That mystery coin is probably a Victorian era British Half Penny, looks like 1860-1880 era from the pic, but it's hard to tell.

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
Glad you got your tector back :icon_sunny: I like the switchblade.I used to have one similar to it when I was young and dumb :laughing7: We played mumbley peg when we were teens......I still have a few scars to prove I didn't move!!!
HH,zztop

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Hey tank,,,, that switchblade is a really cool find !!! I have found alot of knives but not a switch,,, other stuff is cool as well,,,,thanks for posting your stuff,,,

arthur

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About time ya got out and did somethin productive. Keep it comin.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see they gave it a special tweek for nails....you sure they didnt send you cz3d instead? lol

pakeha63

Nov 13, 2008
Stockton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Lobo ST
I really like hunting at night. It seems like my concentration is way higher without distraction. What do you have your discrimination set at on your Tesoro? I set mine at between 3-4. This keeps me in the gold range, but cuts out a lot of the iron.
Great finds :icon_thumright:Keep at it, more to come.

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for looking everyone ,sorry I didnt reply a lil faster things got a lil hectic ,damn real world lol.looking at the link I think its a Half penny an yes the switch blade does open I think when I get more time I'm going to try an clean it up a bit .thanks again everyone for looking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread