First Franklin found

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sick score man!! That's a good sign. I've had awful luck with Loomis boxes. Let us know how it goes :headbang:

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
Good deal... all my half dollar dumps go to Loomis... but you are far enough away that it wont affect your hunting- $nack

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find sheepdog. I've found only one Ben so far myself.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats odd is like every other row has random marked end, all from different people i guess. Yet theres silver in the rolls.. shows you marking coins is kind of pointless.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats odd is like every other row has random marked end, all from different people i guess. Yet theres silver in the rolls.. shows you marking coins is kind of pointless.

Agreed, I see all sorts of different markings; painted faces:black, orange and yellow, edges striped with marker, and silver spray paint mixed in. I still find plenty of silver. One box I had wednesday of halves provided me with 4 - 40%s, a 1951 franklin and a 1964 kennedy. Pretty good haul with so many painted clad you wouldn't believe it.

Whoever paints edges silver to discourage others isnt very smart. After you find 1 legit coin you are going to be hooked on this hobby...The fact that people are trying to discourage my searches makes me continue it even more lol.

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I hope to find my first one soon (though I did skip ahead and get a Walker :) ).

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work on the Ben! I was discouraged by a skunk box earlier this week so I picked up $300 in MWR from a different bank and found 1 64, 1 67 and a 54 ben myself! I would have bought the whole box but left my wallet at home- Bang head - Can't wait to go back for the other $200!

Here's to many more, Happy Hunting!

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope MrShulz reads these last 2 posts.

Don't discourage anyone from painting. After all, the more money they spend on paint the less they can spend on searching, which leaves more coin for others.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Congrats on the Ben! I hope you found morr silver in that box! I can't wait to find my first everything! Searched 4 boxes and all skunks, so I'm going out today to pick up my final 2 boxes for the week and hopefully find something.

OP
OP
S

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grand total of two 90%s, four 40%, and an unciruclated conditon 2006 proof. I was worried these new boxes from Loomis would be culled, glad I was wrong.

As far as painting edges thats a sad dick move and something that warrents getting someones account nix'd. Some people are so greedy they ruin it for those that enjoy the hobby without feeling they need to screw others over.

Coppercrazy you'll bust that streak. My first two were skunks and I nearly quit for dimes. I might be paranoid but seems like I do better on my boxes if I take my time over a couple of days. If you're flippign a single box you can only get another box so often so why not?

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I might be paranoid but seems like I do better on my boxes if I take my time over a couple of days. If you're flippign a single box you can only get another box so often so why not?

Someone else noticed that. I guess the boxes have to age to be good. As a matter of fact, I'll put my next box in my basement and open it in a few years.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread