First Gold and other finds!

cgull

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, AT PRO, XLT and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my 1st gold ring a couple weeks ago and another 10 k Jesus pendant monday. This metal dectecting could be some fun! Found the pendant in a already hunted beach with the Ace 250, also found 2.19 in clad one 1939 quarter (is this first silver?) . Even though this beach had many dig holes there was enough bottle tops and pull tabs to fill my pouch. Next to almost every hole was another can tab and although I recently had back surgery I still bent and picked each one I found, wish all that hunted would do the same.
I searched the area near the pendant find but could not get a signal on the chain, did a test at home and small gold chains don't give a signal. What's a detector to do to find these chains? I also tested small gold ear rings and they too only emit a faint signal. Guess the Whites XLT I ordered will help with these fainter signals.

Attachments

• 100_1847.JPG
    100_1847.JPG
    327.1 KB · Views: 635
  • 100_1866.JPG
    100_1866.JPG
    549.6 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cgull

cgull

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is just a fraction of trash picked from the beach.

Attachments

• 100_1821.JPG
    100_1821.JPG
    499.8 KB · Views: 639

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had back surgery and all the bending over still gets to my back. :laughing7:

You could do what I've done. Go to an auto parts and get some "Mechanics Fingers".

In case you're not familiar with it, it's a (approx.) 2 ft. long flex line with "fingers" at one end. The other end that you hold has a button. When you press the button, the fingers open up so that you can pick up small items like pull tabs, bottle caps, can slaw, nuts bolts, etc. If it fits between the "fingers", generally, it will pick them up.

I don't know the price right now, but the last pair I bought cost about $3.50. Well worth the price for the wear and tear it saves on the old body. :laughing7:

Eagle

OP
OP
cgull

cgull

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks EagleDown, that's a great idea! I'll have to stop and get one before I hunt again. Anything to make my hunts easier and less painfull.

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Gold Ring! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions