Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First gold of '08

This first pic is of the last hunt of '07 (12/31/07, soccer field)...nothing much...'07 goes out with a whimper :'(

jan08_1.jpg

These pics are from a Memorial Park (Camp Logan) hunt (1/5/08). The Merry Widows condom container is a first for me. I guess they made them from the late 1800s into the 1920s. I almost put it into my trash pouch, but something made me rub the lettering off and I noticed it was raised which was different, so I took another look.

jan08_2.jpg

jan08_4.jpg

jan08_5.jpg

These pics are from a soccer field hunt today (1/6/08). There was a motorcross race going on which kept the soccer players out of my way until 2PM, which was nice. I was moving from one area to another, kind of sloppily swinging the coil in a hurry and caught the edge of a nickel signal at the end of a swing. I thought, big deal, shallow nickel or pull-tab...jabbed my digger in and out popped the Riverside High 1982 10K class ring...couple of small diamonds and whatever the pink stone is. It has a type of fitting on it which I guess was added to improve the fit, but I guess it was not tight enough. I have the first and last initial, so I'll see if I can track her down.

jan08_3.jpg

jan08_6.jpg

HH!
TBGO

Upvote 0

KINGPULLTAB

May 8, 2007
VALRICO FLORIDA
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 1000-QUATTRO-SE X-TERRA 70-ACE 250
Re: First gold of '08

The Beep Goes On said:
This first pic is of the last hunt of '07 (12/31/07, soccer field)...nothing much...'07 goes out with a whimper :'(

jan08_1.jpg

These pics are from a Memorial Park (Camp Logan) hunt (1/5/08). The Merry Widows condom container is a first for me. I guess they made them from the late 1800s into the 1920s. I almost put it into my trash pouch, but something made me rub the lettering off and I noticed it was raised which was different, so I took another look.

jan08_2.jpg

jan08_4.jpg

jan08_5.jpg

These pics are from a soccer field hunt today (1/6/08). There was a motorcross race going on which kept the soccer players out of my way until 2PM, which was nice. I was moving from one area to another, kind of sloppily swinging the coil in a hurry and caught the edge of a nickel signal at the end of a swing. I thought, big deal, shallow nickel or pull-tab...jabbed my digger in and out popped the Riverside High 1982 10K class ring...couple of small diamonds and whatever the pink stone is. It has a type of fitting on it which I guess was added to improve the fit, but I guess it was not tight enough. I have the first and last initial, so I'll see if I can track her down.

jan08_3.jpg

jan08_6.jpg

HH!
TBGO
Great ring and good start to 08----HH

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

The Beep Goes On said:
Ron and Ann said:
Nice Ring...hope you are able to locate the owner...

I have the same exact Gemini Charm on my Sweet 16 Charm Bracelet my father gave me....that was back in 1972!!!

That's cool. This one may have been plated at one time, but there are no marks on the back. What's yours made of?

HH!
TBGO

When I get home from work...I'll post a pic of it...just had to pick up my son from school and thought I would give a quick looksie on here....it will be after 6 pm when I'll make the post....

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

TBGO...sorry...my memory is shot now! LOL....it's not the exact same one...:(

Here's mine...it's sterling (as is the bracelet).

I really thought it was the same one....that's how long it's been since I looked at this bracelet! I keep it away for safe-keeping....all I have left of what my Daddy gave me. I want to give it to my first granddaughter whenever she arrives (someday :))...

Front, Back and the entire bracelet. All that was on the bracelet when Daddy gave it to me was the GEMINI, SUNDIAL, LITTLE POODLE (representing our little teacup poodle my Mom had) and the replica of the Statue of the Soldier at Fort Bragg (representing my father in the US Army). I added the other charms :)...have more, just never put them on...guess I'll do that now :)

Sorry it wasn't the same one :(
Annmarie

Attachments

• Img_1051a.jpg
    Img_1051a.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Img_1052a.jpg
    Img_1052a.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Img_1053a.jpg
    Img_1053a.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 292
OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ron and Ann said:
TBGO...sorry...my memory is shot now! LOL....it's not the exact same one...:(

Here's mine...it's sterling (as is the bracelet).

I really thought it was the same one....that's how long it's been since I looked at this bracelet! I keep it away for safe-keeping....all I have left of what my Daddy gave me. I want to give it to my first granddaughter whenever she arrives (someday :))...

Front, Back and the entire bracelet. All that was on the bracelet when Daddy gave it to me was the GEMINI, SUNDIAL, LITTLE POODLE (representing our little teacup poodle my Mom had) and the replica of the Statue of the Soldier at Fort Bragg (representing my father in the US Army). I added the other charms :)...have more, just never put them on...guess I'll do that now :)

Sorry it wasn't the same one :(
Annmarie

Not a problem! Very nice bracelet...the symbolism is the same and is very similar. Thanks for checking! :)

HH!
TBGO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread