First Gold of The New Year

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is my first take of the new year. Not much but a little keeps me happy..... Yankee Jim's IMG_1028.JPG

Goldenmojo

Upvote 0

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold!

As for "not much"; it all adds up..:occasion14:

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it was... glad you got your gear back without a major confrontation.... Otter swam past heading south about 1 PM.....

GM

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks Good GM !
I almost stopped by Yankee Jim's, but my last trip to Shirttail wasn't very productive, so went to Iowa Hill instead. Great way to spend the 1st day of the new year !

Steven's Trail was fairly busy w/ Hikers, but after about 1/2 mile upriver didn't see another miner. Was a little cold, as the sun never hit's the spot I was working, but seemed like we were recoverin somethin.... I'll post some pic's tonight after I get cleaned out.

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold is gold, right? Plus, it looks like you're panning skills are up to snuff...very fine gold you have to work with:icon_thumleft:

Jeff the gold is fine and small as I am just skimming around the edges of the area trying to gain some skill in reading flow and drop patterns for this size of gold. Never got a picker yet so this year I will be expanding out to the areas where it is chunkier.....

Goldenmojo

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work dude, way to ring in the New Years! Keep at it and those pickers will come when you least expect it

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work and two thumbs up! Feels good to get that first color of the year.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff the gold is fine and small as I am just skimming around the edges of the area trying to gain some skill in reading flow and drop patterns for this size of gold. Never got a picker yet so this year I will be expanding out to the areas where it is chunkier.....

Goldenmojo

And I'll bet you find it (them). I'll be doing the same8-)

BTW...Don't get me wrong, your take in that pan was more than I got in all of 2013 :icon_thumleft:
But don't count me out either :wink:

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff nothing taken wrong here. I appreciate your discerning eye. I hope you get on a big fat paystreak that just won't quit!

Hangtown, AL and Mcordell thanks for all the support. May New Year color be in your pans soon if not already....

Goldenmojo

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I need a better camera....
But here is my first gold of 2014 ! Really excited about this year, will only be my second prospecting.

Went Iowa Hill, upriver.... worked probably 10-4 w/ brother loading buckets & me runnin....

The first pic w/ Qtr was the first scoop of con's that I cleaned up, was a promising start.
The penny is the final, need to try get a better pic. No idea of weight.

Photo0355.jpg Photo0367.jpg Photo0369.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
very, very nice work! quite a start to the year : )

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You've got some pretty gold there. Plus, your gold is riding with quite a bit of black sand.

It's interesting how that works. Sometimes I get either no or almost no black sand with the gold, and other times there was all kinds of black sand running with the gold. I remember how thick the black sand was in Nome Alaska, but up in North-Central B.C. there was hardly ever any black sand in the area we were working. Nice coarse nuggety gold, but no black sand.

Nice find for your New Year's gold!

All the best,

Lanny

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right about the black sand, I am not sure if it was due to location im at on the bar or if I am actually getting the sluice set-up better...but this was by far the most black sand I have had in 1 day of digging.

It "seems" like my sluice likes to be about 1/2 way submerged, and almost vert ? maybe a lil drop, but started clearin itself out really well when I raised the trap end up..... Now to begin building the 48''........

IMG_20140101_132707.jpg IMG_20140101_132739.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140101_132758.jpg
    IMG_20140101_132758.jpg
    541.6 KB · Views: 110
OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AL good thing you rolled past YJ Road and went Iowa Hill instead. That is a great amount and looks good all bunched up in the pan!!! Now I'm all goose pimply... going tomorrow for sure.

Goldenmojo

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
AL, I love the Kikoman Soy Sauce buckets you have! haha
hey, don't laugh...the food service buckets are a thicker, more durable plastic. I never ever use Home Depot or lowes buckets...too flimsy!

To all, look on the bottom of your bucket for the thickness...you want to see 090 rather than 075 or less.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread