First Gold of The New Year

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is my first take of the new year. Not much but a little keeps me happy..... Yankee Jim's IMG_1028.JPG

Goldenmojo

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-521729291.jpg

Jan 3 outing with another guy from my office. 0.08 grams aka 1 grain of the golden stuff.

image-1225281090.jpg

A pair of ducks hung out with us; I think they like the bugs and worms we expose while digging :)

image-3022639144.jpg

Also found some bullets in addition to the usual birdshot.

skypaiger2

Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello,
im new to this site and new to panning gold.
I am working 2 small creeks that combine at the lake.
anyhow,im finding black sand every where I try,but no gold yet.
I have even tried the blue clay but still black sand.
any advice on what I may be doing wrong or should I dig deeper,just keep trying.. any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
thank you

skypaiger2

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, the first thing to do right would be to tell us where you are digging...that just might help.

Second, I would suggest googling gold prospecting ... where the ... is your location of interest.

THird think about attending a couple of meetings of a local club. people there will help you get started.

skypaiger2

Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im in cumming Georgia. on lake Sydney lanier. ive watched videos and stuff but they really don't get into what to do, I just get that black sand and gold go together. I will have to find the clubs around here,im sure there just up north of me. in dalhonega Georgia,a big gold area. im in the gold belt that ranges from the Alabama line up to the mountains in north Carolina..
but I appreciate the club suggestion, that I didn't think of..
thank you much

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread