JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was not expecting this today. I went out on my 20 acre almond orchard I've hunted it for a least 15 years 100s of hours in it and only have found relics and a silver spoon and dime. I decided to before it got dark do a quick hunt to kill time. I went for about 30 minutes finding nothing but scrap iron. Got an iffy signal and dug it and out popped a ring. I was so excited I jumped up and ran excited probably looked so silly but so much work put into finding something like this made me so excited. It is my first gold ever. I am pretty sure when I realized what I found I jumped up in the air. A silly reaction but lol oh well. If anyone know anything about the maker and type of ring I'd also appreciate any info. mir_20210210_180545.jpg mir_20210210_175555.jpg mir_20210210_175622.jpg

Upvote 61
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!!!!! Congrats!!!
Thank you been trying so hard to find at least one gold thing. Took years and years but finally and on my families own property I've gone over countless times. My siblings always told me I'd find nothing but I'm too stubborn to quit.

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice ring for sure congrats

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if the diamond is real. I don't know what a few of the markings means on it. I still hope it isn't gold plated. Now I'm iffy about it but still happy to have found a ring.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to indicate 10 karat. It may or may not be a diamond, as 10k owners very generally speaking won't have at least large diamonds in those mounts. Either take it to a jeweler or buy an inexpensive electronic diamond tester online. I got one and they really work.

Last edited:

Hogtown Hunter

Jan 30, 2020
Florida
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say real diamond. The marking .10TW is total weight in carats. Dont know what the 3x means. Does it mean 3 times 1/10 carat which would make it almost a 1/3 carat diamond?

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right about the .10 TW. Eyes are going to the eye doctor tomorrow - really. Postponed the appt. due to covid.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to indicate 10 karat. It may or may not be a diamond, as 10k owners very generally speaking won't have at least large diamonds in those mounts. Either take it to a jeweler or buy an inexpensive electronic diamond tester online. I got one and they really work.
20210210_195121.jpg
From this setting it goes into the real diamond zone easily

dieselfool

Dec 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've been looking for gold, Buddy, you've found it! And a diamond as well! Great find- perseverance pays off!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully the first of many to come - WTG

If you want to find more gold rings - get into water hunting
this is ones years worth all from water hunts
attachment.php

This is different year and handful of gold from a 4 day trip to Fla. in the water
attachment.php

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the tester I have. It works very well.

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats JVA5th! That's a nice ring! I found my first gold ring just a few months ago, so I know the feeling you're describing - and there's nothing wrong with jumping up in the air! I think you're required to do a gold dance when you find gold - it's in the AT Pro owner's manual.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one heck of a first gold. Congrats your persistence has paid off. I got my first gold last summer after years of searching also. I don't remember jumping around but I do recall swearing a ton and walking back in disbelief lol.

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you've been looking for gold, Buddy, you've found it! And a diamond as well! Great find- perseverance pays off!
Been looking for many many years. I felt I was horrible at the hobby some guys on here I see constantly finding gold rings. So was breaking my confidence. But all I have is this orchard to detect and the rare occasions I get out so maybe because of that. I've found old silver in this orchard and neat old items never was expecting gold in this orchard especially having gone over it over many years for a ridiculous amount of hours I'm sure. My generalized anxiety disorder escape is to get out and metal detect so I rack up tons of hours in my orchard

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully the first of many to come - WTG

If you want to find more gold rings - get into water hunting
this is ones years worth all from water hunts
attachment.php

This is different year and handful of gold from a 4 day trip to Fla. in the water
attachment.php
That's amazing makes me super jealous. I'm like 15 years into metal detecting and this is my first gold. I suppose I could try the water here in some lakes and rivers many rivers had gold rush towns on them at one time or another here in California

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread